What is the message of surah Quraish? The message of surah Quraish(Arabic: سورة قريش ), Allah is the protective and preserver from all fears in our life, he is the Powerful God, the bestower of Honors who granted Quraish with their neighborhood to the sacred house “Ka’aba”.
He is the opener and the sustainer who expanded their sustenance, although the Arabian Peninsula was a barren land with no water to cultivate or special industry.
Allah is the enricher who bestowed Quraish their dignity and their special respect and place among Arabs due to his preserving the sacred house, And he is the only one truly worthy of worship.
What is surah Quraish about?
Allah granted Quraish many gifts, one of them being preserving from fear and starving, their dignity and special place among Arabian tribes, but they forgot and took their idols without Allah.
So surah Kuraish is memory and exhortation to them to remember and return to worship Allah, the only God worthy to be worshiped.
What does surah Quraish mean?
The verses of sura Quraish are 4 verses, and we will mention the meaning of the words of the surah:
- Elaf: the word “Elaf” is an Arabic word that is derived from the Arabic verb “Alifa” which means used to something, and it becomes a familiar and beloved thing to you.
- Quraish: is the name of the most important tribe among the Arabian tribes in the Arabian Peninsula via an era of the prophecy, it was granted by great gifts from Allah that weren’t given to any other..
- Winter and summer trips: the trade caravan trips that were organized each winter and summer, the winter trip destination was Yemen and Hind, and the summer trip was to the Levant.
- Worship the God of that house: to stop worshiping the stone idols and other Gods they created by themselves and seek forgiveness from the Almighty God, who is the only God truly worthy to be worshiped.
- That house: the sacred House in Mecca” Kaaba”
- Who fed them and saved them from their fears: Allah expanded the sustenance that provided them the money and food that couldn’t be provided if they weren’t beside the sacred house that gave them their
- dignity and place, and Allah preserved them from Abraha and others who tried to attack Kaaba.
Surah Quraish read online
Why the surah was named Quraish?
The name of the Quraish surah is derived from the name of the Quraish tribe that was mentioned in the first verse.
They were the most important tribe among the tribes of the Arabian Peninsula, their race expanded for the prophet of Allah Ismael, peace be upon him.
Why was surah Quraish revealed?
Quraish tribe was the most important tribe in the Arabian Peninsula, it was mentioned in the correct Hadith by the authority of the Prophet Muhammad Peace be upon him that there were seven things that Allah granted to Quraish, and He did not give to others of mankind, they worship Allah for ten years no one unless they were worshiping Allah, Caliphate, prophecy, phlebotomy cupping, and watering the pilgrims are among them.
Surah Quresh was revealed to remind Quraish of all gifts That he bestowed upon them, they knew those gifts and became familiar with them, but that did not prevent them from worshiping other gods.
The Arabian Peninsula was not a fertile land and couldn’t be cultivated. They also weren’t famous with industry that they could be special in, but Allah granted them the dignity and great place among Arabs due to their neighborhood of Sacred Place, the destination of the pilgrims”.
The safe and guarding that they were granted weren’t only during their settling in Mecca but also during their trips, that era Arabs were full of robberies and looting, but the great place that Quraish had guaranteed their safety from looting attacks and starving if their trading convoys to Yemen and Levant were robbed.
- Mecca, that place with no agriculture or industry, how it could be that pilgrim’s destination, and how it could be a safe place with high dignity and glory? What are those miracles and gifts that are particularly granted for them to be?
- Here, Allah reminded Quraish of their fears, what happened in the recent past before the Holy birth of Muhammad, peace be upon him, when Abraha Al Ashram and his enormous Elephant Army were About to Attack Al Kaaba, and Allah alone, not their created Idols, preserved them.
- Their fears of starving and poverty, how could Quraish be one of the wealthy tribes among the Arabian tribes, although they didn’t have agriculture or industry.
- Their winter and summer trips are preserved, although the looting and robberies were spread.
- Quraish surah was revealed to remind Quraish and any other person who forgot the gifts of god to return-seeking his pleasing and forgiveness and be thankful for his gifts.
Where was surah Al Quraish revealed?
Quraish surah was revealed in mecca early before the migration of the prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him.
When was surah Al Quraish revealed?
It was revealed early before the Migration of the Prophet Muhammad, Peace And blessings be upon him, to Medina and before Surah Al-Teen.
There was A narration about Obai Ibn Ka’b, (he is A companion of the Prophet Peace And Blessings be Upon him, from Al Ansar, and he is one of the revelation Writers and one of the famous Hadith Narrators), that he was reciting surah feel then Quraish without Bismillah as they are one surah.
But the Quranic scholars concurred that there are two chapters and there are 9 chapters that were revealed and separated both surahs.
Is surah Quraish is makki or madani
Sura Quraish is one of the Makki surahs, and they are 86 surahs that were revealed before the migration of Muhammad, Peace, And Blessings Be upon Him.
The Makki Surahs are characterized by:
- The time of the revelation was before the migration of the prophet PBUH.
- The shortness of the verses
- The verses of the short surahs are talking about one theme.
- Proclamation to mankind or a particular group
What is the main theme of surah Quraish?
“My Lord, keep this country safe and gives its people from fruits, those who believe in Allah And the last Day” Those words are the Pray of Ibrahim To Mecca The Country of the Sacred House.
Although the Arabian Peninsula was a barren land with no plant nor water, Quraish were blessed with the expanded gifts of safety and sustenance not only while settling but also through traveling here and there.
But the ignorance of the human makes him forget to be thankful to his creator, not only forget, but he could worship a stone idol rather than the Almighty God.
Here in Quraish Surah, Allah reminded Quraish of the blessings that he Granted To them and commanded them to return to worship the only God worthy to be worshiped.
In which para is surah Al Quraish
Surah Quraish is chapter number 106 among the chapters of the Quran, and it’s in the 30th PARA.
Its verses are four and the Almighty word Allah hasn’t been mentioned through its verses.
Surah Quraish benefits
There is no authentic Hadith about the benefits of the Particular reciting of Surah Al Quraish, but reciting any verse of the Quran has many benefits, such as:
- Each recited letter has ten deeds
- Whoever tries to read the Quran, and it’s difficult for him to read, has two rewards, the reward of reading and the reward of Difficulty.
- The reciter who reads the Quran, and is skilled in it, has the place of the righteous on the resurrection day.
The lessons that we should learn from the meanings of surah Kuraish
- “Whoever becomes safe in his flock, has no sickness in his body, has the sustenance of his day, those areas if he was given the whole world and what is in it” the prophet Peace And Blessing be Upon Him said.
This Hadith means that the most important blessings that a person could have are the safety from fear and hunger, and we should be thankful for Allah every single moment about those gifts.
- Every gift that we could have our power is granted by Allah, we should be thankful for All we have because neglect and ignorance could be the reason for losing all those gifts.
Surah Al Quraish tafseer
- “For Elaf of Quraish”
The Gifts and traditions that Quraish used to and loved.
- “Their Elaf”,” is the trips of winter and summer”
Those gifts that Quraish used to have, their safe trade caravan trips to Yemen in winter to bring the spices and aromas caravans from Hind and the other trip to the Levant to bring the crops that they couldn’t cultivate on their land and that trip are in summer.
- “So let them worship the lord of this house”
All those gifts that they had been granted to them from Allah, so they have to worship him and be thankful to him for saving them from fear and poverty.
hadith about surah quraish
“Allah bestowed Quraish with seven traits that weren’t given to any before them and won’t be given to any after them: the prophecy among them, the caliphate among them, phlebotomy cupping among them, watering” the pilgrims”, they were overcome on the companion of elephant, they worshiped Allah ten years, and there was Quranic surah revealed on them” Li Elaf Quraish” it was narrated by Al Zubair Ibn Al Awam, may Allah be pleasing with him.
- our Holy Prophet told us in the virtue of Surah Quraish saying:” the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:” li ilafi quraish* Elaf them the journey of winter and summer”, and rule O Quraish worship Allah who fed you from hunger and secured you from fear”.
- The Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said,” Allah preferred Quraysh with seven qualities, he preferred them that they worshiped Allah for ten years, Allah worshiped only Quraysh, and he preferred them that they were their victory on the day of the elephant and they are polytheists, and he preferred that they revealed in them a surah from the Qur’an in which no one of the worlds entered and it is for the Lev of Quraysh”.
- In addition, there are many narrations where the Prophet told us about the virtue of reading Surah Quraysh during the Fajr prayer. This is like the Hadeeth of Al-Ma’arour Ibn Suwaida: “we went out with Omar in the argument of Hajj. So we read in the morning, did not you see how your Allah did to the owners of the elephant and Elaf Quraysh.
The benefits of Surah Quraish spirituality are many, so the Holy Prophet told us in the virtue of Quraish surah in more than one Hadeeth and this is what we will address below:
Jabir ibn Abdullah reported: The Prophet, peace, and blessings are upon him, would present himself to people and he said, “Is there a man who can take me to his people? Verily, the Quraysh have prevented me from preaching the word of my Lord.”
Source: Sunan al-Tirmidhi 2925
Abu Huraira reported: When the verse, “Warn your closest relatives,” (26:214) was revealed to the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, he said, “O assembly of Quraysh! Purchase your souls from Allah, for I cannot avail you from Allah at all. O tribe of Abdul Muttalib, I cannot avail you from Allah at all. O ‘Abbas ibn Abdul Muttalib, I cannot avail you from Allah at all. O Safiyyah, aunt of the Messenger of Allah, I cannot avail you from Allah at all. O Fatimah, daughter of the Messenger of Allah, ask from me whatever you wish, but I cannot avail you from Allah at all.”
Source: sahih al-Bukhari 4771, sahih Muslim 206
Ibn Abbas reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace, and blessings be upon him, said, “O young men of Quraysh, do not commit adultery and guard your chastity. No doubt, whoever guards his chastity will certainly enter Paradise.”
Source: al-Mu’jam al-Awsaṭ 6750
Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace, and blessings be upon him, said to his uncle Abu Talib as he was dying, “Say there is no God but Allah, and I will testify for you on the Day of Resurrection.” Abu Talib said, “Were the Quraysh not to blame me and say only anxiety made him do that, I would delight your eyes.” Then, Allah revealed the verse, “Verily, you do not guide those you love, rather only Allah guides whom he wills.” (28:56)
Source: Sahih Muslim 25
Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace, and blessings be upon him, said, “The destruction of my nation is at the hands of young men from the Quraysh tribe.”
Source: sahih al-Bukhari 6649
Surah Quraish in English
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
1. For the keeping of the Quraish
2. For their keeping to the journey in the winter and the summer-
3. Let them worship the Lord of this House,
4. Who hath fed them against hunger, and hath rendered them secure from fear.
Surah Quraish in roman English
Bismillaahir Rahmaanir Raheem
- Li-eelaafi quraish
- Eelaafihim rihlatash shitaaa’i wassaif
- Faly’abudoo rabba haazal-bait
- Allazeee at’amahum min joo’inw-wa-aamanahum min khawf
Surah Quraish in Arabic
1. لِإِيلَافِ قُرَيْشٍ
2. إِيلَافِهِمْ رِحْلَةَ الشِّتَاءِ وَالصَّيْفِ
3. فَلْيَعْبُدُوا رَبَّ هَٰذَا الْبَيْتِ
4. الَّذِي أَطْعَمَهُمْ مِنْ جُوعٍ وَآمَنَهُمْ مِنْ خَوْفٍ
surah quraish mp3 download
How to memorize surah Quraish?
Memorizing the Quran is one of the most important aims that Muslims are seeking to achieve throughout their lives, and the Quranic scholars are working hard to create memorizing techniques to help and facilitate memorizing.
Mind maps are one of those techniques to visualize the meaning and themes of the verses for easily memorizing and understanding each verse, then repeating each verse five times and return linking each verse with the previous verse then repeat five times, you will memorize the surah of Quraish and each surah easily in shaa Allah.
Do you want your kids to learn more about Online Quran Classes? Sign up for Quran Oasis’s Online Quran Classes program and watch them dive deeper into the Quran science and learn the Holy Book of Allah.
Online Quran tuition learning can be challenging if you’re seeking it for your kids. Quran Oasis offers you a wide variety of topics to teach your children online.
Whether it’s Quran online, Arabic online, Tajweed, Ijazah, tafsir, Qirat, tajwid al Quran, and Islamic Studies. Quran Oasis has your back with professional Quran tutors who are willing to go further with your kids’ education. With an attractive interface and well-structured lessons,
Surah Quraish is one of the Makki surahs that was revealed early before the Migration of our beloved Prophet PBUHTo Medina.
lilafi quraish surah reminder of Allah for all those who forget the gifts that Allah blessed them with and worship other gods rather than Allah.
Quraish tribe is the most important tribe among the tribes of the Arabian Peninsula due to the gifts that Allah bestowed upon them” He saved them from hunger and fear” and gave them the dignity between the other tribes due to their neighborhood to the sacred house, so they should worship the Almighty God and be thankful for his givings.