Who was Allah talking to in surah balad? In the glory of Surah Balad( Arabic :سورة البلد ) written ( surah al Balad, surat Balad, Balad surah, al balad), we will begin to talk.
Here, Allah talked to our beloved prophet PBUH and swore by the holy city ”Mecca” where our prophet PBUH lived, settled, and will open.
When Allah is swearing by a place, that means Allah honors and glorifies the place, here Makkah is the holy land where our beloved messenger PBUH was sent to all humanity with mercy and warning to them to believe in Allah and never worship another God.
Why the surah was named al balad?
Surah al Balad began with a swear, When Allah uses a place or a thing to swear with, that indicates appreciation, Glory, and importance.
Al Balad is the holy land and the sacred country, Mecca.
Here our beloved prophet was Born and settled, and here is the land of the oracle, and the country of the sacred house.
Meaning of surah balad
Surah Balad is chapter 90 of the Quran, in para no 30.
The verses of surat balad are 20 verses.
Allah revealed to our prophet Muhammad that life is not for rest, every creature that has been born will work hard and will suffer to reach the world and in the home of the hereafter.
Allah created us and gave us our hearing and our sight and he is the witness to them, and under his will, he can destroy you and all that you have and will return you to dust as you were in the beginning.
you will have to choose the way that you will spend your life, time, and money and you will find the result of your choice.
The destiny of the believers will be heaven, and the fate of the disbelievers will be an endless fire.
surah balad read online
Where was surah Balad revealed?
The most accurate opinion is that surat balad was revealed in Mecca,
as it has the same characteristics as the Meccan chapters, and they are:
- The shortness of the verses.
- Allah talked about the nature of the creation of the human and what he was created for.
- The power of Allah in the world-life and in the life after.
- The greatness of the creator, and the ignorance and weakness of the creature.
- The reward of the obedience, and the torture of the disbelievers.
When was surah al Balad revealed?
It was narrated that Balad surah was revealed early in Mecca before migration, and there are narrations that it was revealed after the surah of” Qaf” and before the surah of “al Tarek”.
Why was surah al Balad revealed?
There is no narration about the main reason for the revelation of all verses, but there are narrations about some verses and they are:
- The verse 6 of al Balad surah Allah said” he says I am spending a great wealth” there was a narration that verse was revealed about a man called Aba Al Ashad who has spread rumors in Quraish that he spend his great wealth in his enmity to Muhammad PBUH and he was prideful.
- Allah said in verse 7” he thought that no one saw him” then in verse 8 Allah challenged him by his creation” Aren’t we who create his eyes, tongue, and two lips”
That means that’s you, a weak creature! who was made by Allah you weren’t anything and he gave you all that you are and all that you have, Allah is the witness to you and has the full power to turn you into dust as you were in the beginning.
What is the main theme of surah balad?
Now you almost knew what is the major theme of al Balad,
In the beginning, Allah swore by Makkah and Adam as the beginning of human beings and all his offspring as an indication of the greatness and importance of both, and the greatness of the responsibilities that mankind has to do.
Allah said that life is a place of tiredness, and then he talked about the ignorance of pride that man could be in, that he forgot that Allah is the creator and witness, he thought that there is no power that can defeat him and no one can judge.
Allah created us and gave us all that we have, and he showed us both ways, the way of heaven and the way of the hill, and then taught us how Allah will be pleased with us.
Finally, Allah showed us the destination of choosing the wrong way in life after being immortal in the endless fire with no way to escape.
Surah Balad benefits
There are many lessons we will learn from al Balad surah and they are:
- The prestige and honor of the sacred city, Mecca, and of the father of mankind Adam PBUH.
- We weren’t created in this life to rest, Allah created us to be His vicegerent on the earth, to work hard in life to achieve the aimed success in the world, and to obey the commands of our lord to reach heaven in the life after.
- Allah is the creator and the witness, he created us from the dust and gave us hearing and sight, and will ask us about the ways that we used them in.
- All the success in your life is granted by Allah and under his will, it’s not by your own power.
- We have to struggle to overcome the hardness of the resurrection, and Allah in surat Balad taught us how to do.
- Spending money in order to obedience to the commands of Allah is the way to reach heaven.
- Free slaves, feeding people in severe famine, and taking care of relative orphans are ways of spending money to have deeds and to overcome the suffering of the resurrection.
- Being obedient to the commands of our Lord will make you one of the winners in the doomsday and be rewarded by heaven.
- The disbelievers of the verses of Allah will be tortured in the life after, they will deserve endless burning fire with no way to escape.
Surah al balad tafseer
Al Balad surah contains 20 verses and we will begin to explain as follows:
Verse 1, Allah swore with the word, Al Balad, which means the sacred country, Makkah.
Verse 2, Allah talked to Muhammad PBUH, you who are settled in the holy city.
Verse 3, Allah swore again with the father of mankind, Adam PBUH, and his offspring.
Verse 4, Allah created us in restlessness and suffering to reach success in life and to deserve heaven in life after.
In verse 5, the man who thought that no one will have power over him.
In verse 6, he said I spent a great wealth.
In verse 7, he thought that no one saw him, which means there are no witnesses to what he said and did.
In verses 8 and 9, Allah asked” didn’t I who gave him his eyes, tongue, and lip”. Here Allah showed us the greatness of his creation and the weakness that we are in.
Verse 10, Allah showed him both ways, the way of heaven and the way of the hill and he will have to choose.
Verse 11, why man doesn’t overcome the obstacle, which means horrors of the day of resurrection.
Verse 12, and everyone knows what is the obstacle.
Verse 13, the way to overcome the hardness of life after is by spending your money to free a slave.
Verse 14, or by feeding people in a day of severe dearth.
Verse 15, or to feed an orphan from his relatives.
Verse 16, or to feed very poor people.
Verse 17, and he was one of those believers of Allah, who advised each other to be patient in the way of Allah and in what they will face from the disbelievers, and to be merciful to each other.
Verse 18, the people who will do all those deeds will deserve to be the owners of heaven.
Verse 19, and those who disbelieve of our verses will deserve the torture of the life after.
Verse 20, they deserve the burning fire with no way to escape.
Hadith on surah balad
Our prophet PBUH said that” between your hand an obstacle, which is hopeless to be climbed unless by the light-footed”
Here the obstacle is the horrors of the resurrection day, and the light-footed people are those who get rid of their guilt by doing good deeds in their world life.
That is the only Hadith that was proved to be narrated from Muhammad PBUH, there are many other statements that were claimed to be narrated from our prophet but there are no proofs about that.
surah balad English
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
- I do call to witness this City;
- And thou art a freeman of this City;
- And (the mystic ties of) parent and child;
- Verily We have created man into toil and struggle.
- Thinketh he, that none hath power over him?
- He may say (boastfully); Wealth have I squandered in abundance!
- Thinketh he that none beholdeth him?
- Have We not made for him a pair of eyes?
- And a tongue, and a pair of lips?
- And shown him the two highways?
- But he hath made no haste on the path that is steep.
- And what will explain to thee the path that is steep?
- (It is:) freeing the bondman;
- Or the giving of food on a day of privation
- To the orphan with claims of relationship,
- Or to the indigent (down) in the dust.
- Then will he be of those who believe, and enjoin patience, (constancy, and self-restraint), and enjoin deeds of kindness and compassion.
- Such are the Companions of the Right Hand.
- But those who reject Our Signs, are the (unhappy) Companions of the Left Hand.
- On them will be Fire vaulted over (all round).
surah al balad in roman english
Bismillaahir Rahmaanir Raheem
- Laaa uqsimu bihaazal balad
- Wa anta hillum bihaazal balad
- Wa waalidinw wa maa walad
- Laqad khalaqnal insaana fee kabad
- Ayahsabu al-lai yaqdira ‘alaihi ahad
- Yaqoolu ahlaktu maalal lubadaa
- Ayahsabu al lam yarahooo ahad
- Alam naj’al lahoo ‘aynayn
- Wa lisaananw wa shafatayn
- Wa hadaynaahun najdayn
- Falaq tahamal-‘aqabah
- Wa maaa adraaka mal’aqabah
- Fakku raqabah
- Aw it’aamun fee yawmin zee masghabah
- Yateeman zaa maqrabah
- Aw miskeenan zaa matrabah
- Summa kaana minal lazeena aamanoo wa tawaasaw bissabri wa tawaasaw bilmarhamah
- Ulaaa’ika As-haabul maimanah
- Wallazeena kafaroo bi aayaatinaa hum as-haabul Mash’amah
- Alaihim naarum mu’sadah
surah al balad in arabic
بِسْمِ اللَّهِ الرَّحْمَٰنِ الرَّحِيمِ
1. لَا أُقْسِمُ بِهَٰذَا الْبَلَدِ
2. وَأَنْتَ حِلٌّ بِهَٰذَا الْبَلَدِ
3. وَوَالِدٍ وَمَا وَلَدَ
4. لَقَدْ خَلَقْنَا الْإِنْسَانَ فِي كَبَدٍ
5. أَيَحْسَبُ أَنْ لَنْ يَقْدِرَ عَلَيْهِ أَحَدٌ
6. يَقُولُ أَهْلَكْتُ مَالًا لُبَدًا
7. أَيَحْسَبُ أَنْ لَمْ يَرَهُ أَحَدٌ
8. أَلَمْ نَجْعَلْ لَهُ عَيْنَيْنِ
9. وَلِسَانًا وَشَفَتَيْنِ
10. وَهَدَيْنَاهُ النَّجْدَيْنِ
11. فَلَا اقْتَحَمَ الْعَقَبَةَ
12. وَمَا أَدْرَاكَ مَا الْعَقَبَةُ
13. فَكُّ رَقَبَةٍ
14. أَوْ إِطْعَامٌ فِي يَوْمٍ ذِي مَسْغَبَةٍ
15. يَتِيمًا ذَا مَقْرَبَةٍ
16. أَوْ مِسْكِينًا ذَا مَتْرَبَةٍ
17. ثُمَّ كَانَ مِنَ الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْمَرْحَمَةِ
18. أُولَٰئِكَ أَصْحَابُ الْمَيْمَنَةِ
19. وَالَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا بِآيَاتِنَا هُمْ أَصْحَابُ الْمَشْأَمَةِ
20. عَلَيْهِمْ نَارٌ مُؤْصَدَةٌ
summary of surah balad
In this article, we moved together between the verses of Allah.
We learned lessons and understood the importance of mecca and the greatness of responsibilities that man has.
In surah Balad (Arabic: البلد, لا أقسم بهذا البلد), we saw the glory of the creator in our weakness and the power that he has.
Hearing and sight and all your senses are gifts from Allah, if you spend all the money on the earth you will not be able to create one of them for a fly, not the human.
Being obedient to your lord’s commands will make you the owner of the heaven in the life after, and being a disbeliever will be the reason for being tortured with endless fire.
Do you want your kids to learn more about Online Quran Classes? Sign up for Quran Oasis’s Online Quran Classes program and watch them dive deeper into the Quran science and learn the Holy Book of Allah.
Quran Oasis’s online Arabic classes for kids, Quran classes for adults and let your children learn the accurate Quran recitation and word pronunciation even if Arabic is not their first language.
Quran teaching for children in Quran Oasis is fun as well as structured, they’ll learn with eLearning Quran;
Our Quran teacher, Arabic teacher, Islamic Studies teacher, and tajweed teacher, ( House of Quran ) will be their friends during this amazing journey.
Online Quran tuition learning can be challenging if you’re seeking it for your kids. Quran Oasis offers you a wide variety of topics to teach your children online.
Quran Oasis’s experienced live tutor ( male teacher & female teacher ). They have many years of experience in Teaching Arabic online and Quran online to non-Arabic speakers.
Whether it’s Quran online, Arabic online, Tajweed, Ijazah, tafsir, Qirat, tajwid al Quran, and Islamic Studies . Quran Oasis has your back with professional Quran tutors who are willing to go further with your kids’ education. With an attractive interface and well-structured lessons,
Quran Oasis gives you and your children the chance to learn with Quran ayat who are going to be your kids’ new friends, accompanying them in their learning process and encouraging them to learn more.
Quran Oasis ( online Quran institute ) is the best Quran class online