Allah The Wise and The All-Knowing created us perfectly, and when anybody thinks and speculates about the creation of Man he will wonder a lot about how Allah formed our bodies from nothingness, gave us a soul, mind, and consciousness to be the most beautiful creature in the whole universe.
Surah At Tin (Arabic: سورة التين ) mentions this fact to us in a very simple handsome way and its benefits and virtues are introduced in a few points:
- Al Tin reminds Man to be grateful to Allah for honoring him as his most fine creature. Allah gifted us with the best body containing plenty of organs that work together in a precisely tuned system, a stunning mind to think with, and emotions to feel, so we have to use all these gifts wisely.
- We have to think carefully before taking any action in this life because every choice we make has a consequence, so take care of your own choices.
- Trust Allah’s Judgement because He is the fairest, but at the same time always remember that all your deeds and actions are recorded and counted by him, so try to be good as much as you can.
What is surah at tin about?
The Holy Quran is used to deliver a certain message in every surah, and this message is always important not only to Muslims but to Mankind.
Surah tin is talking about how Allah the great creator, created man in the best form with a perfect body, mind, and consciousness and selected him from all his other creatures to bear his message on earth.
Allah appointed Man to be the chosen and promoted his class even above the Angels themselves and made the Angels bow down to him, but unfortunately, Man returned this grace by denial and turning away from Allah and his commandments. And this is why Allah appointed any disobedient from mankind to the hellfire as his last destination, but this destination is just a consequence of Man’s own choice, not because Allah is unjust, as He is The Most Fairest.
Read Surah At-Tin
Surah At Tin benefits
Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) mentioned many benefits of reciting the Holy Quran, and this is why a lot of Muslims took it as a daily habit all over the globe.
There are 8 main Surah At Tin benefits
- Reciting The Holy Quran heals your soul and gives you inner peace.
- A great source for enlightenment and guidance.
- Answering all questions about life and the afterlife that occupy your mind.
- You will be rewarded 10 times and more for every letter you read.
- Getting you closer to Allah and being beloved by Him.
- The more Quran you learn, the higher rank you get.
- Quran will be an intercessor for his companion in the afterlife and Will prevent him from being punished and get rewarded.
- Doesn’t matter if you are an expert in reciting or not, you will be rewarded anyway even if you stutter while reading.
Why was Surah At Tin revealed?
At the beginning of Surah Al Teen Allah The All-Knowing had mentioned 2 kinds of fruits; Figs and Olives.
Olives and Figs in Quran had been introduced for their great benefits and at the same time as an indication of their cultivation places. This declares that the Quran is meant to give us metaphoric signs for two important locations in the history of revelation. The 1st location is in Jerusalem and Jerusalem’s mountain where olives are planted and the place Prophet Jesus (Peace Upon Him) received the message from Allah from when was sent to Israelis to deliver.
The 2nd location is the Mount of Sinai where Prophet Moses (Peace Upon Him) received Allah’s Message and became a messenger.
You certainly have to wonder when you know that Allah had named “Mount Sinai” “Seeneen Mountain ،طور سينين” in At Tin Surah, and this name is a Hebrew name given by Israelis to that mountain. And after you get to know that although Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) was illiterate nor had Jewish neighbors living in Mecca, then you will be assured that Quran is an authentic revelation that was sent by Allah to his prophet, and Muhammed (PBUH) is his true prophet.
This means that the main reason for the revelation of Surah teen is to prove to the disbelievers and the deniers of Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) and his message from other religions that he is the seal of all prophets sent by Allah to the whole of Mankind.
Where was surah al teen revealed?
Best narrations about the place of revelation of Surah Theen mentioned that it was revealed in Mecca, and this was concluded by Muslim scholars because Verse no.3 “وَهَٰذَا ٱلْبَلَدِ ٱلْأَمِينِ”, “ And this entrusted City”, is referring to Mecca the sacred and Holy land of Allah and the residence of his honored Prophet Muhammed. This mention guided most Scholars that Allah pointed to Mecca at the time when Prophet Muhammed was sent to his people and this is a clear indication that Al Tin was revealed there.
When was surah al teen revealed?
The most proximate time of revelation:
Specifying the period of the revelation of Holy Quran chapters took great efforts from the Muslim scholars, because of the delay of documentation of the timing of revelation of each Surah by Prophet Muhammed’s Companions “Sahabah” (May Allah be pleased with them) and their students. As a result of that delay, Muslim scholars who came after them were doing their best to detect the precise timing and this is why many of them were called “ Mujtahed”, “ Diligent” (Arabic: مجتهد).
The Majority of Muslim scholars agreed that Surah At Tin was revealed in a period from 610 to 615 AD. approximately, after Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) was sent to his people to deliver them the message of Allah, and they introduced this opinion after studying the structure and the composition of Surah At Teen and its verses (Ayat), and collected the most correct sayings delivered to them from the students of Companions of Prophet Muhammed.
Why the surah was named At Tin?
The Companions of Prophet Muhammed (PBUH), used to name chapters of the Quran by a word or more mentioned inside them. And this is a reasonable way for them to differentiate a chapter from another, so this is why they were picking the most unique word or more found in a Sura to be specific.
At Tin Surah was named by this name (Arabic: التين, “Ateen”), which means “The Figs” or “The Fig Tree” in English, because this word was used at the beginning of Surah Teen as an Oath from Allah, referring to the place of descending of Allah’s revelation upon Prophet Jesus (Peace Upon Him) in Jerusalem, where Jerusalem was famous and well known by cultivating of Fig trees as mentioned all over the history.
Swearing the word “At Tin” is giving a solid proof from Allah to all the disbelievers and to the mankind that Prophet Muhammed is a true prophet, because he had never traveled away from the Arabian Peninsula or went to Palestine, nor had Jewish or Christian neighbors and companions, so how come he new this specific information about Prophet Jesus and his place of revelation? this was certainly a prediction that Allah revealed to him in particular to be a testimony of his honesty and credibility to the whole of mankind.
Is Surah Al Teen makki or madani?
Although there are two different opinions about the place of revelation of At Tin Surah, the first that it is a Makki and the second that it is a Madani, the predominant opinion decided by Muslim scholars that it as a Makki period and place of revelation, as most of them agreed that Allah was pointing to Mecca in his oath saying: “ And this entrusted City”.
In which para is Surah At Tin?
Surah Al Teen is the 95th surah in order of the Holy Quran Suras and it is located in part no.30 (Al Juza’ 30), with 8 Verses (Ayat),34 words, and it was revealed after Surah Al Burooj directly.
How to memorize Surah At Tin?
4 Main ways to memorize At Tin Surah:
The first way
to memorize Surah Teen; You can join Quran Learning Classes in Islamic Religion Institutes;
- Start by searching for Quran Instructors after trying many teachers then pick the best teacher who you are satisfied with.
- Attend Quran Classes regularly and try not to miss a session.
- Recite after the Instructor and try to simulate his way of pronunciation as much as you can.
- Write down notes about the meaning of every verse and don’t ever hesitate to ask your teacher about the meaning of each Verse. This will facilitate memorizing and recalling what you have learned.
- Make a daily schedule for yourself and revise what you have learned time after time.
You can look for “Quran Teaching Websites” on the web to join;
a) Search google for many Quran Teaching Websites.
b) Pick the best Website according to the way of teaching that comforts you in person after comparing the content introduced.
d) Make sure not to skip a Class and make a Schedule to view online as well as offline Videos introduced on the website.
e) While watching videos, Pause for each verse and recite it more than a time to memorize verse by verse.
Search among your friends for a good Sheekh;
- Ask your Sheekh friend to help you study Surah Teen.
- Meet with him on a regular basis and recite after him.
- Ask your Sheekh friend about the meaning of each Verse.
- Pronounce like him and take notes.
- Don’t skip a class.
- Easy way to memorize Surah Tin Yourself;
- Drawing a Flowchart in your Notepad or on your Mobile Phone(Cellular) by writing each verse and its meaning, verse after verse.
- Write down every Verse and its meaning alone on a Colourful Card, this means that you will get 8 colorful cards and this will help you a lot to memorize and recall Surah Theen perfectly.
Do you want your kids to learn more about Online Quran Classes? Sign up for Quran Oasis’s Online Quran Classes program and watch them dive deeper into the Quran science and learn the Holy Book of Allah.
Online Quran tuition learning can be challenging if you’re seeking it for your kids. Quran Oasis offers you a wide variety of topics to teach your children online.
Whether it’s Quran online, Arabic online, Tajweed, Ijazah, tafsir, Qirat, tajwid al Quran, and Islamic Studies. Quran Oasis has your back with professional Quran tutors who are willing to go further with your kids’ education. With an attractive interface and well-structured lessons,
Surah Al Teen tafseer
It was mentioned in the Holy Quran that Allah created Adam(PUH) from the dust collected from several earth areas and transformed this dust into clay than to an ideal human being amongst his all other creations with the best shape ever.
Al Tin is displaying this fact with other facts about Man in life, the afterlife, and his relation to Allah the best creator.
We will go introduce these facts mentioned in tafsir surah at tin verse by verse:
بِسْمِ ٱللَّهِ ٱلرَّحْمَٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ
In The Name Of Allah The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful.
وَالتِّينِ وَالزَّيْتُونِ (1)
1-BY The Figs And The Olives (Allah is swearing by these two kinds of fruits he had created).
وَطُورِ سِينِينَ (2)
2-By Mount Sinai ( Allah is Swearing by Sinai Mountain where Prophet Moses received his first message from Allah.
وَهَذَا الْبَلَدِ الْأَمِينِ (3)
3-And this entrusted secured City (meaning Mecca).
لَقَدْ خَلَقْنَا الْإِنْسَانَ فِي أَحْسَنِ تَقْوِيمٍ (4)
4-We have created man in the best stature (Mould and Form).
ثُمَّ رَدَدْنَاهُ أَسْفَلَ سَافِلِينَ (5)
5-Then we reduced him to the lowest of the low (because he had chosen to deny and disbelieve so he will face punishment in the hellfire).
إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ فَلَهُمْ أَجْرٌ غَيْرُ مَمْنُونٍ (6)
6-But those who believed and have done good deeds will be excluded from punishment and will be rewarded with endless rewards in Allah’s paradise.
فَمَا يُكَذِّبُكَ بَعْدُ بِالدِّينِ (7)
7-Then what is the reason that causes you to disbelieve and deny the day of resurrection? (Allah is asking Man)
أَلَيْسَ اللَّهُ بِأَحْكَمِ الْحَاكِمِينَ (8)
8-Is not Allah The Wisest and The Most Fair Judge of All Judges? (meaning you have to trust His judgment).
Hadith on Surah At Tin
Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) advised his Companions to recite the Holy Quran to get rewarded by Allah, Also he gave them a good example about the way of reading and urged them to vocalize beautifully.
Al-Bara Ibn Azib (May Allah Be Pleased With Him) reported: “I heard the Prophet, peace, and blessings are upon him, reciting in the evening prayer, “By the figs and the olives,” (95:1). I have not heard a voice more beautiful than his.
Source: Sahih al-Bukhari 769, Sahih Muslim 464.
surah at tin English
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
1. By the fig, by the olive,
2. By Mount Sinai,
3. By the yonder secure city,
4. Assuredly We have created man in the goodliest mould,
5. Thereafter We cause him to return to the lowest of the low,
6. Save those who believe and work righteous Works. Theirs shall be hired unending.
7. What henceforth shall make thee belie the Requital?
8. Is not Allah the Greatest of the rulers?
surah at tin roman English
Bismillaahir Rahmaanir Raheem
- Wat teeni waz zaitoon
- Wa toori sineen
- Wa haazal balad-il ameen
- Laqad khalaqnal insaana fee ahsani taqweem
- Thumma ra dad naahu asfala saafileen
- Ill-lal lazeena aamanoo wa ‘amilus saalihaati; falahum ajrun ghairu mamnoon
- Fama yu kaz zibuka b’adu bid deen
- Alai sal laahu bi-ahkamil haakimeen
surah at-tin arabic text
1. وَالتِّينِ وَالزَّيْتُونِ
2. وَطُورِ سِينِينَ
3. وَهَٰذَا الْبَلَدِ الْأَمِينِ
4. لَقَدْ خَلَقْنَا الْإِنْسَانَ فِي أَحْسَنِ تَقْوِيمٍ
5. ثُمَّ رَدَدْنَاهُ أَسْفَلَ سَافِلِينَ
6. إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ فَلَهُمْ أَجْرٌ غَيْرُ مَمْنُونٍ
7. فَمَا يُكَذِّبُكَ بَعْدُ بِالدِّينِ
8. أَلَيْسَ اللَّهُ بِأَحْكَمِ الْحَاكِمِينَ
Surah Al Teen Summary:
Punishment and reward were introduced in the Holy Quran to teach Muslims that there will be consequences for their actions in this life.
1-Allah started Surah Tin with an oath swearing by Figs, Olives, and Mount Sinai in Verses No.1 and 2, pointing to the two sacred places where he sent his first messages to prophets Jesus and Moses (Peace Upon Them)
2-In Verse No.3 Allah swore by Mecca as the third location for Islam revelation.
Allah swore by those 3 places to highlight the importance of the meaning of the Verses (Ayat) coming after his oaths.
3-Verse No.4 Allah mentions that He created Man in the most perfect shape to show that He raised Man above all His other creatures in rank.
4-Surah Theen describes the idea of punishment and rewards waiting for all humans as a result of their selection in life and this is clear when Verse No.5 tells us That: Allah will turn this noble creature into the lowest of the low (a metaphor which means that his last destination will be Hell because of his denial and disbelieving)
5-On the contrary Verse No.6 of Surah At Tin is showing that: People who believed and done well in this life are certainly excluded from Allah’s punishment and shall be rewarded with the greatest reward and prize ever in the heavens, living happily ever after.
6-After summarising the idea of punishment and reward, Surah Al teen goes on in Verses 6-7 Asking Man: “Why you falsify and deny that the word of Allah and the fact of resurrection after all the clues He had sent to you”, “Isn’t Allah the wisest Judge among all other judges?”
Allah The Almighty is fair and will punish and reward according to Man’s choices and actions.
“What comes around goes around.”