“The lady of the Quran”, Ayatul kursi (Arabic : اية الكرسي) is the most important verse of the Quran, it contains many names of the names of Allah, it’s a cure for our souls and our bodies, when you read it at the beginning of the day it will protect you from evils, under the will of Allah, till the night and vice versa.
Reciting it is worship and seeking a cure for our souls and our bodies.
What does kursi mean?
kursi is an Arabic word that means the “throne chair”, Ibn Abbas said “it is the place of Allah’s feet”, and in another saying that it is a glorious creature over the seventh heaven, and in another one,
it is a throne chair where Allah set, but we do not know how Allah is sitting because there is nothing like him.
ayatul kursi reading online
Why is ayatul kursi place is different from all other verses?
Our beloved prophet PBUH said” whoever recited it, Ayatul kursi, at the end of each prayer, nothing will prevent him from reaching heaven unless he dies”
“The lady of Quran” was narrated by the prophet PBUH about Ayatul kursi, that’s maybe because of one of the followings:
- It contains many names of the names of Allah” Asma Allah u Al Hosna” and they are:
A name of God that means the Almighty God, a name that collects All the divine Attributes of the glorious supreme. He is the one, the creature, the powerful, the forgiving and thankful, he is the Almighty god and no one could be Almighty God unless him.
(2) The Living” Al Hay”
The name of Allah means the living who never dies, and was never created, the pre-existence was never before his life.
(3) The Ever-Rising” Al Qayyom”
There are two meanings and both of them are true, the first one is that Allah is permanent standing with no transition or change, and the other one is that the almighty God is the one who is in charge of his creatures, their lives, and their death, and all their sustenance. And he is the preservative of all his creatures.
(4) The highest” Al Ally”
Al Ali is Arabic which means the highest that there is nothing or person that can be higher than, he is the highest in his attributes, himself, and his names.
He is the highest that the human minds can’t imagine with their limited powers, he is the one that there is no one before him and the last that there is no one after him, he is the Almighty one that there is no greater than him.
(5) The great “Al Azim”
Allah is the great one, his creatures are glorifying, fearing, and seeking his pleasing,
He is the one of greatness in himself, attributes, names, and actions, no one can be over him, he is the glorious one with the full greatness and the almighty majesty.
- In Al-Hadith which was narrated by ubay ibn ka’ab, the prophet asked ubay Ibn Al mounder about the greatest verse in Quran, and when he said it’s Ayatul kursi the prophet PBUH approved.
Ayatul kursi benefits
- Ayat ul kursi is one of the verses which is used in Al Ruqyah, here the prophet PBUH taught us to use some verses of the Quran, and some pray to ask Allah for the cure and protection from the devil’s eye, and also to help to cure the pain.
- ayatul qursi is one of the blessing verses which are recited each day and night, Azkar Al Sabah Wal Masaa.
- Ayatul kursi recitation at the end of each prayer is protection from the devils to the next prayer.
- Ayat kursi read before sleeping is protection till you awake.
- Whoever reads it in his house, will be his guard and expel the devil from him
- Whoever recites it at night, Satan leaves his house and does not enter it until morning
- Whoever reads it in bed before going to sleep on behalf of himself or his children, may God Almighty protect them and not bring them closer to the devil until morning, just as he keeps them away from disturbing nightmares.
- Whoever reads it in the morning before he leaves his house and then says after that, O Hafeez three times, he will be in the protection of God Almighty until he returns
- For whoever reads it at night or during the day any number (at least three times), it explains the breasts, uncovers worries, distress and distress, and preserves the soul, children and money.
- To read it after every written prayer has a great reward.The Prophetic Sunnah indicates the merit of reciting Ayat al-Kursi in the direction of prayer. Abu Umamah al-Bahili, may God be pleased with him, narrated: On the authority of the Messenger of God – may God’s prayers and peace be upon him – that he said: “Whoever recites Ayat al-Kursi reverses every written prayer.” It was included by Al-Nasa’i in Al-Sunan Al-Kubra, Al-Tabarani in Al-Mu’jam Al-Kabeer, and Ibn Al-Sunni.
- The hadith makes it clear that persevering in reciting Ayat al-Kursi after every prayer and continuing to recite it deserves Paradise.
ِAyatul kursi blessings benefits merits virtues hadith
Ayatul kursi read before sleep
That was narrated about ABU Hurairah that one day, the prophet asked him to preserve the fasting Zakah and there was a man who was asking him for food, he gave him the first time and when Abu hurairah went to the prophet PBUH he told him that this man will come again, then the next day he came and ask again and Abu horaiarah gave him again, then for the last day he did the same.
Abou horairah told the man that he will send him to the prophet PBUH, the man told him that he will tell him precious words to let him go.
The prophet asked Abu Hurairah what are the words, he said when you go to bed read Ayatul kursi, it will keep you in Allah guard against the devil till you become awake, the prophet said he said the truth to you however he is the liar, Abou Horaiarah asked about whom he is the prophet said he is the devil.
The protection from bad things
Al Hassan Ibn Ali Allah be pleased with both of them, said that the prophet PBUH said” whoever read ayat al kursi at the end of each prayer he will under the protection of Allah till the time of the next prayer”
Entering the paradise
Abu Ummamah said that the Prophet PBUH said that” whoever reading Ayatul kursi at the end of each prayer, there is nothing can prevent him from entering the paradise unless he dies”
What verse is ayatul kursi?
Ayatul kursi is verse 255 of Surah Al Bakarah, the first chapter of the Quran and the longest one.
Why was ayatul kursi revealed?
There are no true narrations about the holy prophet PBUH about Ayatul kursi and Al-Hadith that are used is disapproved.
Where was Ayatul kursi revealed?
Ayatul kursi surah is surah Al baqarah, surah Bakara is Medina surah that was revealed after migration, and it’s the longest chapter of the Quran.
Ayatul Kursi tafsir
The greatest, honorable verse in the Quran, we are talking about ayatul kursi. now we will mention ayatul kursi English translation and also ayatul kursi in Arabic explanation” tafsir”:
- In the beginning, Allah said” Allah, there is no God unless him, the living one, and the ever-rising”
Allah is describing himself he is the Almighty God, he is the God who gathers all the perfectionism attributes, there is no God who deserves to be worshiped unless he, he is the living one who never dies, and was never created, he is Al Qayyom, the ever-rising, the one who is never changed, the one who is in charge of all his creatures.
- “He never sleeps or takes a nap”:
Allah is the Glorious creator, and the Almighty preserver, he never rests and all his creature’s Affairs are between his hands, he is lifting the sky not to fall on the earth, he is holding us not to befall when the earth is rolling around itself, could you imagine how the world be if Allah takes a nap? it will be destroyed!
- “ He owned all what in the sky and what in the earth”
Allah is the owner of everything, he is the creator and all creatures belong to him, he could give, he could prevent, and he would change everything under his will.
- “Who can intercede with him, unless under his will”
The intercession in Arabic means asking mercy for people, Allah gave our prophet PBUH the intercession for us, and he can give it to whoever he wants from prophets, angels, and good people.
- “Allah Knows what between their hands and what behind them”
That means Allah knows what is happening in their world and what will happen in the life after”
- “They can’t comprehend anything of his knowledge unless under his will”
Allah is one who possesses complete knowledge, you can’t understand anything of his knowledge unless he permits you to know.
- “His Kursi is expanding over the heavens and earth”
Kursi in Arabic means chair and there are two meanings for it, Ibn Abbas said it’s a glorious creature rather than the throne And it’s the place where Allah put his feet, another meaning that it’s the throne chair, and there is another meaning that it’s the knowledge of Almighty God.
- “ And their preservation never makes him tired”
Allah is the one of the entire power, there is nothing that can make him tired, he never rests, and all affairs of the heavens and the earth do not bother him.
- “ And he is the highest, great”
Al Ally is an Arabic word that means that Allah is the highest and that there is no higher than him, he is the highest in himself, attributes, and his names.
Al Azim in Arabic means the greatest one, the glorious in his names, attributes, and himself.
Do you want your kids to learn more about Online Quran Classes? Sign up for Quran Oasis’s Online Quran Classes program and watch them dive deeper into the Quran science and learn the Holy Book of Allah.
Quran Oasis’s online Arabic classes for kids, online Quran classes for kids, Quran classes for adults and let your children learn the accurate Quran recitation and word pronunciation even if Arabic is not their first language.
Online Quran tuition learning can be challenging if you’re seeking it for your kids. Quran Oasis offers you a wide variety of topics to teach your children online.
Whether it’s Quran online, Arabic online, Tajweed, Ijazah, tafsir, Qirat, tajwid al Quran, and Islamic Studies. Quran Oasis has your back with professional Quran tutors who are willing to go further with your kids’ education. With an attractive interface and well-structured lessons,
ayatul kursi in english
“Allah! There is no god but He – the Living, the Self-subsisting, Eternal. No slumber can seize Him nor sleep. His are all things in the heavens and on earth. Who is there can intercede in His presence except as He permitteth? He knoweth what (appeareth to His creatures As) Before or After or Behind them. Nor shall they compass aught of His knowledge except as He willeth. His throne doth extend over the heavens and on earth, and He feeleth no fatigue in guarding and preserving them, For He is the Highest, the Supreme (in glory).”
ayatul kursi in roman english
Allahu laaa ilaaha illaa huwal haiyul qai-yoom; laa taakhuzuhoo sinatunw wa laa nawm; lahoo maa fissamaawaati wa maa fil ard; man zallazee yashfa’u indahooo illaa be iznih; ya’lamu maa baina aideehim wa maa khalfahum; wa laa yuheetoona beshai ‘immin ‘ilmihee illa be maa shaaaa; wasi’a kursiyyuhus samaa waati wal arda wa la ya’ooduho hifzuhumaa; wa huwal aliyyul ‘azeem.
ayatul kursi in arabic
اللَّهُ لاَ إِلَهَ إِلاَّ هُوَ الْحَيُّ الْقَيُّومُ لاَ تَأْخُذُهُ سِنَةٌ وَلاَ نَوْمٌ لَهُ مَا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الأَرْضِ مَنْ ذَا الَّذِي يَشْفَعُ عِنْدَهُ إِلاَّ بِإِذْنِهِ يَعْلَمُ مَا بَيْنَ أَيْدِيهِمْ وَمَا خَلْفَهُمْ وَلاَ يُحِيطُونَ بِشَيْءٍ مِنْ عِلْمِهِ إِلاَّ بِمَا شَاءَ وَسِعَ كُرْسِيُّهُ السَّمَاواتِ وَالأَرْضَ وَلاَ يَئُودُهُ حِفْظُهُمَا وَهُوَ الْعَلِيُّ الْعَظِيمُ
summary of ayatul kursi
Ayatul kursi is the greatest verse of the Quran it’s called” the lady of the Quran, it’s verse no 255 of surah Baqarah, which was revealed in Medina.
The greatness of surah baqarah is due to it containing many names of Almighty Allah, such as Allah, Al Hay, Al Qayyom, Al Ali, and Al Azim.
Ayatul kursi recitation at the end of each prayer is protection from devils to the next one, and its recitation when getting to sleep will protect you till the morning.
itel kursi’s a cure, protection, and a way to paradise.
How many words in ayatul kursi?
ِAyatul kursi is composed of fifty words, words of curing powers to our souls and bodies, protective power from devils and evils, and a way to paradise.