Surah al talaq (Arabic: سورة الطلاق ) is about the terms of the divorce, magnification of its limits ordained by Allah, and the benefits of taqwa.
Taqwa is the love and fear that a Muslim feels for Allah. A person with taqwa desires to be in the good pleasures of Allah, to stay away from those things that would displease Him and he is careful not to go beyond the bounds and limits of Allah.
At talaq (divorce) is halal in Islam, but Allah hates it intensely and gives permission to it as the last solution when the life between a man and his wife is impossible. Allah tells us that armistice is good and couples who have a conflict with each other should seek help and consultation of just persons to solve these problems between them, so divorce would not occur.
Surah talaq meaning
Talaq surah consists of 12 verses, the first seven verses talk about the topic of divorce (separation of the spouses from each other) and its rules. Talaq surah also tells us in the section on divorce about the time period of iddah (prescribed periods that women should wait to be finished in their husband’s home before she is free to marry another man).
The second part of talaq surah discusses the fate of two classes of people, the first class is one that does not follow Allah’s commands (infidels and polytheists) and so they deserve severe punishment.
The second class of people is believers that are eligible for special Allah’s guidance and blessings due to their good deeds and following the prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him.
Surah talaq read online
Why was surah talaq revealed?
Surah talaq has no specific cause for its revelation, so we will mention what was told in this part.
- Surat al talaq verse one was revealed when the prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, divorced his wife (Hafsa). Allah calls his prophet in the first aya in talaq surah and orders him to return his wife back as she is fasting and praying at night, and she is one of his wives and his women in paradise.
- Also, surah e talaq was revealed when Abdullah bin Umar, may God be pleased with them, had divorced his wife while she was menstruating. The prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, ordered Abdullah to take his wife back and keep her till she is clean from her menses and then to wait till she gets her next period and becomes clean again, wherein, if he wishes to keep her, he can do so, and if he wishes to divorce her he can do that before having sexual intercourse with her, and that is Iddah which Allah has fixed for the women meant to be divorced.
Where was surah talaq revealed?
Surah talaq was revealed from Allah to his prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, in Madina (where the prophet, peace be upon him, migrated to it from Makkah to continue his invitation to Allah and escape from the severe torment that kuffar did it to Muslims in Makkah after several years suspended in their invitation to Allah without any benefit).
When was surah talaq revealed?
At talaq was revealed to the prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, after the migration to Al-Madina Al-Munawara, most probably after the verses of surah Al Baqara which related to divorce and waiting period (2: 226-232 verses) so surah at talaq explain this topic further and more precisely.
Why was the surah named at talaq?
Surah al talaq was named at talaq because talaq is the main theme of the surah, which means surah mentioned Allah’s commands regarding divorce and the waiting period” Iddah”.
Abdullah bin Masud has described it as surah an-Nisa al Qusra (the shorter surah an-Nisa) because surah at talaq talks about women’s divorce and its rules.
What is the main theme of surah at talaq?
The main theme of surah at talaq is in the first section of verses, as its name shows, which talks about divorce and some of its limits.
Allah also tells us in talaq surah about taqwa Allah, as it helps us much in avoiding the bad events and consequences of divorce (as Allah said to part with them in a good manner).
Allah in the second section of talaq surah tells us about the fate of those who disobeyed Allah’s commands and thereby suffered the consequence of severe torment. On the opposite side, people who obeyed Allah’s teachings in Al Dunya will provide them from all sources they ever expect, and will enter paradise hereafter.
In the context of our speaking about divorce, we should mention some important information:
The holiness of marriage in Islam:
Our true religion did not leave a small or a large one without specifying its provisions, controls, and foundations, including marriage.
There are a set of provisions that the Islamic religion set for dealing with marriage, and among the tips on “marriage in Islam” is good cohabitation between spouses, as marital life must be based on affection, intimacy, tranquility, and love. According to the Almighty says: “And from his signs that he created for you from your souls, wives, so that you can dwell on them and make between you a dedication and mercy.” So, we should first know the basis on which we can choose our couple to achieve a good marriage and to be happy in this life as much as we can.
Criteria for the choice of a husband and a wife in Islam
At the forefront of these criteria and foundations in choosing a husband and wife,( religion and good morals), are considered the first criterion, and the most important basis of each spouse’s choice of the other.
The Messenger, may God’s prayers and peace be upon him, mentioned those demands; Explaining the most important of them and urging them in the formula of the command to win those who are characterized by it, on the authority of Abu Hurairah, may God be pleased with him, on the authority of the Prophet, may God bless him and grant him peace, he said: “A woman is married for four things: for her money, her line, her beauty, and her religion”.
Just as religion is a criterion and basis for a man’s choice of his wife, it is also the same with regard to a woman’s choice of a man. On the authority of Abu Hatim al-Muzni – may God be pleased with him – on the authority of the Prophet, may God’s prayers and peace be upon him, he said: “If someone whose religion and morals, you agree with, comes to you, then marry him”.
So, let`s know the most common causes of divorce nowadays
- The lack of knowledge concerns the holiness of marriage and how to live a good marriage.
- Most couples do not learn how to avoid and solve the problems that might face.
- The bad choice of the spouses of each other, such as the man chooses a woman for her appearance and beauty without taking into account her morals and her religion.
- Impulsiveness in anger and not following the teachings of the prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him in this case.
- The husband’s failure to perform his religious duties towards his wife.
- Wives neglect their marital duties.
- Ignorance of the gradual steps of divorce represented patience and seeking arbitration from an experienced relative.
The bad consequences of divorce
The decision to separate results in many negative effects and damages that affect the spouses and children, so Allah recommends the men in the divorce to part with their wives in a good manner to decrease these bad effects as much as possible.
Divorce has significant psychological effects on the spouses, including:
 One or both spouses feel pain and loss when their intimate relationship with their partner ends, regardless of the reasons, and away from blame and resentment over his actions or mistakes. Feelings of guilt and shame from others after obtaining a divorce and these feelings may be exacerbated by a sense of anger and resentment at society’s view of his failed experience.
 The spouses have a series of complex psychological and emotional feelings, most notably: sadness, anxiety, stress, depression, and internal chaos after the experience of divorce, and therefore they need support and assistance to reach psychological stability and emotional balance again.
The effects of divorce on children:
These effects can vary, Some children react to divorce in a natural and understanding way, while most children may struggle with the transition, and there are many behavioral and psychological issues may appear, such as:
- Poor performance in Academics
- Loss of interest in social activity
- Emotional sensitivity and difficulty adapting to change
- Anger and irritability
- Feelings of guilt
- Increase in health problems
- Loss of faith in marriage and family unit
why divorce is halal in Islam?
The prohibition of divorce, whatever harm it may imply, is like the prohibition of surgery because the surgeon is compelled to amputate some of the limbs of the patient’s body!
However, there is no danger in the legislation of divorce in Islam, since it is not divorce that spoils married life and dissolves its sacred tie, but it puts an end to the hatred that may occur between the husband and his wife before it is aggravated and becomes intolerable mischief to society.
Advice to avoid the occurrence of conflicts that lead to the divorce
First, we should know the fact that there is no true happiness in this life, and this happiness will be only in paradise hereafter, so there are always problems in our life that we need to deal with in a wise manner to avoid losses as much as we can.
Those problems occur to any spouses despite the correct choice of each other, but the way they solve any problem occurred between them, will affect the continuance of the marital life and its happiness.
Because most of our conflicts occur when we are angry, so we will specify our speaking to the management of anger in Islam.
ِanger management in Islam
Our Prophet – may God’s prayers and peace be upon him – has the most comprehensive of the words, he says a short word that contains meanings and benefits that are not hidden and no one can count, all of that in the authentic Hadith by him, peace be upon him.
- “ that a man came and said: O Messenger of God, advise me, He said: “Do not get angry.” He repeated it several times, saying to him: “Do not get angry.” The Prophet, may God bless him and grant him peace, praised the one who controls himself when angry, saying: “The strong man is not the one who wrestles, but the strong man is the one who controls himself when angry.”
- Seeking refuge in God Almighty from Satan in a state of anger saves you from its negative effects and consequences, and from this also changing the state in which you were, for the Prophet, peace, and blessings of God be upon him, instructed the angry man, when he is angry, if he was standing, then let him sit.
- And the Messenger, may God’s prayers and peace be upon him, commanded us to remain silent about anger, because when a person gets angry, he does not care what he says, so bad words come out of him that he will regret when he wakes up from his anger.
- The Messenger, may God’s prayers and peace be upon him, urged us to perform ablution when angry, and it was narrated in the Sunan of Abu Dawood on the authority of Atiya bin Urwa al-Sa’di, the companion, may God Almighty be pleased with him, that he said: The Messenger of God, may God’s prayers and peace be upon him, said: “Anger is from Satan, and Satan is created from fire. Fire is extinguished with water, and if one of you gets angry, he should perform ablution.”
- And the Messenger – may God’s prayers and peace be upon him – guided us to a lot of remembrance of God when angry, as in the Almighty’s saying: “It is only in the remembrance of God that hearts find rest.”
- And about the virtue of suppressing anger, the Almighty said: “And those who suppress anger and who forgive people, and God loves the doers of good.”
Is surah al talaq makki or madani?
Surat al talaq is Madani surah as it was revealed on the prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, after his migration from Makkah to Madina.
Madani surah has a lot of advantages that distinguish it from Makki surah such as:
- It is mostly longer in its verses than Makki surah.
- Madani surah explains sharee’ah (Islamic laws) and its purposes.
- Madani surah teaches us how to apply Islamic limits and how we should slab Allah correctly.
In which para is surah at talaq?
Surah talaq is in para 28, and it was ordered in the 65th chapter of the holy Quran. Talaq surah contains 12 verses and contains 289 words.
Surah talaq benefits
- suratul talaq shows some limits Allah sets in case of divorce.
- The call of Allah to his prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, is a call for all people, but evidence found that Allah specialized his prophet in this call.
- Any woman that was divorced and still in the “Iddah period” has the right to be in her husband’s home and this man must spend on her according to his means.
- The importance of witnesses to avoid any conflict in divorce.Narrated Mutarrif ibn Abdullah: Imran ibn Husayn was asked about a person who divorces his wife and then has intercourse with her, but he does not call any witness to her divorce nor to her restoration. He said: You divorced against the Sunnah and took her back against the Sunnah. Call someone to bear witness to her divorce, and to her return in marriage, and do not repeat it.
- Talaq surah tells us about the benefits of taqwa (the love and fear from Allah) which Allah gives to this person such as Allah helps him to get out from every difficulty, explicate him from his sins and enlarge his reward.
- When a man divorces his wife, breastfeeding their baby is not mandatory for her, but he should give her a fee for this work.
- Allah does not ask us about anything over our capacity.
- Faith that Allah has power over all things and that Allah surrounds all things in his knowledge.
Hadith on surah at talaq
- The Prophet divorced Hafsah, may Allah be pleased with her, once when she sided against him and disclosed his secret. But Jibreel came to him, and told him to take her back and said: “Take Hafsah back because she is keeping fasts and is observing prayer in the last parts of the night, and she is going to be your wife in Paradise.”
- Abdullah Ibn Umar reported: He divorced his wife in the time of the Messenger of Allah, peace, and blessings be upon him, while she was menstruating. Umar ibn al-Khattab asked the Prophet about that, and he said, “Order him to return her. Let him leave her alone until she becomes pure, then menstruates, and then is pure again. If he wishes, he may keep her or divorce her before he is intimate with her. That is the waiting period Allah has commanded for divorcing women.” (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Vol.7, Hadith No. 178).
How to memorize surah at talaq?
- The first thing of all in any work is the devotion to Allah (which means you want from this work Allah satisfaction only).
- Second, seek help from Allah all the time.
- Third, you need to understand every word carefully, because the Quran is the holy book of Allah, so we need to love it and memorize it by heart.
- Fourth, you need to choose a master full sheik to be your teacher in your journey for Quran learning and memorization.
- Fifth, repeat every AYA at least five times and when you finish, repeat all surah five times again.
- Sixth, read this surah in all your daily prayers, especially night prayers.
- Finally, but not the end, you need a good friend to encourage you in the memorization of the Quran you can recite to him, and he corrects any mistake for you.
Do you want your kids to learn more about Online Quran Classes? Sign up for Quran Oasis’s Online Quran Classes program and watch them dive deeper into the Quran science and learn the Holy Book of Allah.
Quran Oasis’s online Arabic classes for kids, online Quran classes for kids, Quran classes for adults and let your children learn the accurate Quran recitation and word pronunciation even if Arabic is not their first language.
Online Quran tuition learning can be challenging if you’re seeking it for your kids. Quran Oasis offers you a wide variety of topics to teach your children online.
Whether it’s Quran online, Arabic online, Tajweed, Ijazah, tafsir, Qirat, tajwid al Quran, and Islamic Studies. Quran Oasis has your back with professional Quran tutors who are willing to go further with your kids’ education. With an attractive interface and well-structured lessons,
surah al talaq tafseer
Divorce, Iddah verses, and benefits of taqwa (1- 5)
- O Prophet! When you divorce women, divorce them at their ‘Iddah (prescribed periods) and count (accurately) their ‘Iddah. And fear Allah your Lord (O Muslims). And turn them not out of their (husband’s) homes, nor shall they (themselves) leave, except in case they are guilty of some open illegal sexual intercourse. Those are the set limits of Allah. whosoever transgresses the set limits of Allah, then indeed he has wronged himself. You (the one who divorces one’s wife) know not it may be that Allah will afterward bring some new thing to pass (i.e. to return her back to you if that was the first or second divorce
- Then when they are about to attain their term appointed, either take them back in a good manner or part with them in a good manner. And take as witness two just persons from among you (Muslims). And establish the testimony for Allah. That will be an admonition given to him who believes in Allah and the Last Day. And whosoever fears Allah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a way for him to get out (from every difficulty).
- And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine. And whosoever puts his trust in Allah, then He will suffice him. Verily, Allah will accomplish His purpose. Indeed Allah has set a measure for all things.
- And those of your women as have passed the age of monthly courses, for them the ‘Iddah (prescribed period), if you have doubt (about their periods), is three months; and for those who have no courses [(i.e. they are still immature) their ‘Iddah (prescribed period) is three months likewise, except in case of death]. And for those who are pregnant (whether they are divorced or their husbands are dead), their ‘Iddah (prescribed period) is until they lay down their burden; and whosoever fears Allah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make his matter easy for him
5. That is the Command of Allah, which He has sent down to you; and whosoever fears Allah and keeps his duty to Him, He will expiate from him his sins, and will enlarge his reward.
The rights of the woman after divorce according to the available means of the man (6- 7) verses
- Lodge them (the divorced women) where you dwell, according to your
means, and do not harm them so as to straiten them (that they are obliged to
leave your house). And if they are pregnant, then spend on them till they lay
down their burden. Then if they give suck to the children for you, give them
their due payment, and let each of you accept the advice of the other in a just
way. But if you make difficulties for one another, then some other woman may
give suck for him (the father of the child).
- Let the rich man spend according to his means; and the man whose resources are restricted, let him spend according to what Allah has given him. Allah puts no burden on any person beyond what He has given him. Allah will grant, after hardship, ease.
The punishment of disobeying Allah’s commands (8- 10) verses
- And many a town (population) revolted
against the Command Of its Lord and His Messengers; and We called it to a
severe account (i.e. torment in this worldly life), and We shall punish it with
a horrible torment (in Hell in the Hereafter).
- So it tasted the evil
result of its affair (disbelief), and the consequence of its affair (disbelief)
was loss (destruction in this life and eternal punishment in the Hereafter).
- Allah has prepared for them a severe torment. So fear Allah and keep your duty to Him, O men of understanding who have believed! Allah has indeed sent down to you a Reminder (this Quran).
The role of the messenger, peace be upon him, and the reward of believers
- (And has also been sent to you) a Messenger (Muḥammad ), who recites to you the Verses of Allāh (the Quran) containing clear explanations, that He may take out those who believe and do righteous good deeds, from the darkness (of polytheism and disbelief) to the light (of Islamic Monotheism). And whosoever believes in Allah and performs righteous good deeds, He will admit him into Gardens under which rivers flow (Paradise) to dwell therein forever. Allah has indeed granted him an excellent provision.
The creation of Heavens and earth reveals the power of Allah
- It is Allah Who has created seven heavens and of the earth the like thereof (i.e. seven). His Command descends between them (heavens and earth), that you may know that Allah has power over all things and that Allah surrounds all things in (His) knowledge.
surah talaq in English
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
- O Prophet! When ye do divorce women, divorce them at their prescribed periods, and count (accurately), their prescribed periods: And fear Allah your Lord: and turn them not out of their houses, nor shall they (themselves) leave, except in case they are guilty of some open lewdness, those are limits set by Allah: and any who transgresses the limits of Allah, does verily wrong his (own) soul: thou knowest not if perchance Allah will bring about thereafter some new situation.
- Thus when they fulfill their term appointed, either take them back on equitable terms or part with them on equitable terms; and take for witness two persons from among you, endued with justice, and establish the evidence (as) before Allah. Such is the admonition given to him who believes in Allah and the Last Day. And for those who fear Allah, He (ever) prepares a way out,
- And He provides for him from (sources) he never could imagine. And if anyone puts his trust in Allah, sufficient is (Allah) for him. For Allah will surely accomplish his purpose: verily, for all things has Allah appointed a due proportion.
- Such of your women as have passed the age of monthly courses, for them the prescribed period, if ye have any doubts, is three months, and for those who have no courses (it is the same): for those who carry (life within their wombs), their period is until they deliver their burdens: and for those who fear Allah, He will make their path easy.
- That is the Command of Allah, which He has sent down to you: and if any one fears Allah, He will remove his ills, from him, and will enlarge his reward.
- Let the women live (in iddat) in the same style as ye live, according to your means: Annoy them not, so as to restrict them. And if they carry (life in their wombs), then spend (your substance) on them until they deliver their burden: and if they suckle your (offspring), give them their recompense: and take mutual counsel together, according to what is just and reasonable. And if ye find yourselves in difficulties, let another woman suckle (the child) on the (fathers) behalf.
- Let the man of means spend according to his means: and the man whose resources are restricted, let him spend according to what Allah has given him. Allah puts no burden on any person beyond what He has given him. After a difficulty, Allah will soon grant relief.
- How many populations that insolently opposed the Command of their Lord and of His messengers, did We not then call to account,- to severe account?- and We imposed on them an exemplary Punishment.
- Then did they taste the evil result of their conduct, and the End of their conduct was Perdition.
- Allah has prepared for them a severe Punishment (in the Hereafter). Therefore fear Allah, O ye men of understanding – who have believed!- for Allah hath indeed sent down to you a Message,-
- A Messenger, who rehearses to you the Signs of Allah containing clear explanations, that he may lead forth those who believe and do righteous deeds from the depths of Darkness into Light. And those who believe in Allah and work righteousness, He will admit to Gardens beneath which Rivers flow, to dwell therein for ever: Allah has indeed granted for them a most excellent Provision.
- Allah is He Who created seven Firmaments and of the earth a similar number. Through the midst of them (all) descends His Command: that ye may know that Allah has power over all things and that Allah comprehends, all things in (His) Knowledge.
surah talaq in roman English
Bismillaahir Rahmaanir Raheem
- Yaaa ayyuhan nabiyyu izaa tallaqtummun nisaaa’a fatalliqoohunna li’iddatihinna wa ahsul’iddata wattaqul laaha rabbakum; laa tukhri joohunna min bu-yootihinna wa laa yakhrujna illaaa any ya’teena bifaahishatim mubaiyinah; wa tilka hudoodul laah; wa many yata’adda hudoodal laahi faqad zalama nafsah; laa tadree la’allal laaha yuhdisu ba’dazaalika amraa
- Fa izaa balaghna ajalahunna fa amsikoohunna bima’roofin aw faariqoohunna bima’roofinw wa ashhidoo zawai ‘adlim minkum wa aqeemush shahaadata lillaah; zaalikum yoo’azu bihee man kaana yu’minu billaahi wal yawmil aakhir; wa many yattaqil laaha yaj’al lahoo makhrajaa
- Wa yarzuqhu min haisu laa yahtasib; wa many yatawakkal ‘alal laahi fahuwa hasbuh; innal laaha baalighu amrih; qad ja’alal laahu likulli shai’in qadraa
- Wallaaa’ee ya’isna minal maheedi min nisaaa ‘ikum inir tabtum fa’iddatuhunna salaasatu ashhurinw wallaaa’ee lam yahidn; wa ulaatul ahmaali ajaluhunna any yada’na hamlahun; wa many yattaqil laaha yaj’al lahoo min amrihee yusraa
- Zaalika amrul laahi anzalahoo ilaikum; wa many yattaqil laaha yukaffir ‘anhu saiyi aatihee wa yu’zim lahoo ajraa
- Askinoohunna min haisu sakantum minw wujdikum wa laa tudaaarroohunna litudaiyiqoo ‘alaihinn; wa in kunna ulaati hamlin fa anfiqoo ‘alaihinna hattaa yada’na hamlahunn; fain arda’na lakum fa aatoo hunna ujoorahunn; wa’tamiroo bainakum bima’roofinw wa in ta’aasartum fasaturdi’u lahooo ukhraa
- Liyunfiq zoo sa’atim min sa’atih; wa man qudira ‘alaihi rizquhoo falyunfiq mimmaaa aataahul laah; laa yukalliful laahu nafsan illaa maaa aataahaa; sa yaj’alul laahu ba’da’usriny yusraa
- Wa ka ayyim min qaryatin ‘atat ‘an amri Rabbihaa wa Rusulihee fahaasabnaahaa hisaaban shadeedanw wa ‘azzabnaahaa ‘azaaban nukraa
- Fazaaqat wabbala amrihaa wa kaana ‘aaqibatu amrihaa khusraa
- A’addal laahu lahum ‘azaaban shadeedan fattaqul laaha yaaa ulil albaab, allazeena aammanoo; qad anzalal laahu ilaikum zikraa
- Rasoolany yatloo ‘alaikum aayaatil laahi mubaiyinaatil liyukhrijal lazeena aamanoo wa ‘amilus saalihaati minaz zulumaati ilan noor; wa many yu’min billaahi wa ya’mal saalihany yudkhilhu jannaatin tajree min tahtihal anhaaru khaalideena feehaa abadaa qad ahsanal laahu lahoo rizqaa
- Allaahul lazee khalaqa Sab’a Samaawaatinw wa minal ardi mislahunna yatanazzalul amru bainahunna lita’lamooo annal laaha ‘alaa kulli shai’in Qadeerunw wa annal laaha qad ahaata bikulli shai’in ‘ilmaa
surah talaq in arabic
بِسْمِ اللَّهِ الرَّحْمَٰنِ الرَّحِيمِ
1. يَا أَيُّهَا النَّبِيُّ إِذَا طَلَّقْتُمُ النِّسَاءَ فَطَلِّقُوهُنَّ لِعِدَّتِهِنَّ وَأَحْصُوا الْعِدَّةَ ۖ وَاتَّقُوا اللَّهَ رَبَّكُمْ ۖ لَا تُخْرِجُوهُنَّ مِنْ بُيُوتِهِنَّ وَلَا يَخْرُجْنَ إِلَّا أَنْ يَأْتِينَ بِفَاحِشَةٍ مُبَيِّنَةٍ ۚ وَتِلْكَ حُدُودُ اللَّهِ ۚ وَمَنْ يَتَعَدَّ حُدُودَ اللَّهِ فَقَدْ ظَلَمَ نَفْسَهُ ۚ لَا تَدْرِي لَعَلَّ اللَّهَ يُحْدِثُ بَعْدَ ذَٰلِكَ أَمْرًا
2. فَإِذَا بَلَغْنَ أَجَلَهُنَّ فَأَمْسِكُوهُنَّ بِمَعْرُوفٍ أَوْ فَارِقُوهُنَّ بِمَعْرُوفٍ وَأَشْهِدُوا ذَوَيْ عَدْلٍ مِنْكُمْ وَأَقِيمُوا الشَّهَادَةَ لِلَّهِ ۚ ذَٰلِكُمْ يُوعَظُ بِهِ مَنْ كَانَ يُؤْمِنُ بِاللَّهِ وَالْيَوْمِ الْآخِرِ ۚ وَمَنْ يَتَّقِ اللَّهَ يَجْعَلْ لَهُ مَخْرَجًا
3. وَيَرْزُقْهُ مِنْ حَيْثُ لَا يَحْتَسِبُ ۚ وَمَنْ يَتَوَكَّلْ عَلَى اللَّهِ فَهُوَ حَسْبُهُ ۚ إِنَّ اللَّهَ بَالِغُ أَمْرِهِ ۚ قَدْ جَعَلَ اللَّهُ لِكُلِّ شَيْءٍ قَدْرًا
4. وَاللَّائِي يَئِسْنَ مِنَ الْمَحِيضِ مِنْ نِسَائِكُمْ إِنِ ارْتَبْتُمْ فَعِدَّتُهُنَّ ثَلَاثَةُ أَشْهُرٍ وَاللَّائِي لَمْ يَحِضْنَ ۚ وَأُولَاتُ الْأَحْمَالِ أَجَلُهُنَّ أَنْ يَضَعْنَ حَمْلَهُنَّ ۚ وَمَنْ يَتَّقِ اللَّهَ يَجْعَلْ لَهُ مِنْ أَمْرِهِ يُسْرًا
5. ذَٰلِكَ أَمْرُ اللَّهِ أَنْزَلَهُ إِلَيْكُمْ ۚ وَمَنْ يَتَّقِ اللَّهَ يُكَفِّرْ عَنْهُ سَيِّئَاتِهِ وَيُعْظِمْ لَهُ أَجْرًا
6. أَسْكِنُوهُنَّ مِنْ حَيْثُ سَكَنْتُمْ مِنْ وُجْدِكُمْ وَلَا تُضَارُّوهُنَّ لِتُضَيِّقُوا عَلَيْهِنَّ ۚ وَإِنْ كُنَّ أُولَاتِ حَمْلٍ فَأَنْفِقُوا عَلَيْهِنَّ حَتَّىٰ يَضَعْنَ حَمْلَهُنَّ ۚ فَإِنْ أَرْضَعْنَ لَكُمْ فَآتُوهُنَّ أُجُورَهُنَّ ۖ وَأْتَمِرُوا بَيْنَكُمْ بِمَعْرُوفٍ ۖ وَإِنْ تَعَاسَرْتُمْ فَسَتُرْضِعُ لَهُ أُخْرَىٰ
7. لِيُنْفِقْ ذُو سَعَةٍ مِنْ سَعَتِهِ ۖ وَمَنْ قُدِرَ عَلَيْهِ رِزْقُهُ فَلْيُنْفِقْ مِمَّا آتَاهُ اللَّهُ ۚ لَا يُكَلِّفُ اللَّهُ نَفْسًا إِلَّا مَا آتَاهَا ۚ سَيَجْعَلُ اللَّهُ بَعْدَ عُسْرٍ يُسْرًا
8. وَكَأَيِّنْ مِنْ قَرْيَةٍ عَتَتْ عَنْ أَمْرِ رَبِّهَا وَرُسُلِهِ فَحَاسَبْنَاهَا حِسَابًا شَدِيدًا وَعَذَّبْنَاهَا عَذَابًا نُكْرًا
9. فَذَاقَتْ وَبَالَ أَمْرِهَا وَكَانَ عَاقِبَةُ أَمْرِهَا خُسْرًا
10. أَعَدَّ اللَّهُ لَهُمْ عَذَابًا شَدِيدًا ۖ فَاتَّقُوا اللَّهَ يَا أُولِي الْأَلْبَابِ الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا ۚ قَدْ أَنْزَلَ اللَّهُ إِلَيْكُمْ ذِكْرًا
11. رَسُولًا يَتْلُو عَلَيْكُمْ آيَاتِ اللَّهِ مُبَيِّنَاتٍ لِيُخْرِجَ الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ مِنَ الظُّلُمَاتِ إِلَى النُّورِ ۚ وَمَنْ يُؤْمِنْ بِاللَّهِ وَيَعْمَلْ صَالِحًا يُدْخِلْهُ جَنَّاتٍ تَجْرِي مِنْ تَحْتِهَا الْأَنْهَارُ خَالِدِينَ فِيهَا أَبَدًا ۖ قَدْ أَحْسَنَ اللَّهُ لَهُ رِزْقًا
12. اللَّهُ الَّذِي خَلَقَ سَبْعَ سَمَاوَاتٍ وَمِنَ الْأَرْضِ مِثْلَهُنَّ يَتَنَزَّلُ الْأَمْرُ بَيْنَهُنَّ لِتَعْلَمُوا أَنَّ اللَّهَ عَلَىٰ كُلِّ شَيْءٍ قَدِيرٌ وَأَنَّ اللَّهَ قَدْ أَحَاطَ بِكُلِّ شَيْءٍ عِلْمًا
Surah talaq summary
- Surah e talaq gives us some rules of divorce, as any man should not say the words of divorce and separate himself from his wife until but should apply first the limits of divorce that Allah put.
- Surah talaq tells us that the time period of Iddah (prescribed periods) will be 3 menstruation periods for those women who have passed the age of monthly courses and for those who have no courses (they are still immature), but pregnant women, (whether they are divorced or their husbands are dead) their Iddah is until they lay down their burden.
- Do not be afraid of poverty, as your rizq (provision) is from Allah, who owns this world
- Allah has already set everything to a precise extent.
- Allah will grant ease after hardship, so we should set our minds at rest and be satisfied with any of Allah’s fates.
- The almighty sent a messenger (Muhammad, peace be upon him,) to be the last prophet and warn all people from Allah’s punishment, and bring good news to those who fear Allah and keep his duty to him so that they will dwell in paradise forever.
- Always, seek help from Allah to give you patience and wisdom in solving your problems. Also, remember that Allah said (and perhaps you hate a thing and it is good for you and may you love something while it is bad for you and Allah knows and you do not know).