What is surah Al Qadr? Surah Qadr ( Arabic: سورة القدر ) is chapter 97th of the Holy Quran, the name of it was derived from “Laylatul Qadr” which was mentioned in the first verse of its 5 verses.
Laylatul Qadr means the night of glorification, honor, and majesty, the first night of the Quran Revelation.
The night is better than 1000 months and the night when peace emerges the whole universe till dawn appearance.
What does surah Al Qadr mean?
At the beginning of surah Al Qadr, Allah said that the Quran was revealed on the night of Al Qadr.
This is an Arabic word that came from the verb “Qadar”.
In English, it means the night when Allah decrees the destiny of All mankind, and also the night of A great value that’s because the Quran was first revealed on, and also because Allah said that the worship on that night is 1000 months worship.
surah al qadr read
When was Surah Qadr revealed?
Surah Qadar was revealed after Absa Surah before the migration of the prophet PBUH and was chapter 20 according to the revelation order, but according to the order of the holy Quran, it’s the 97th chapter.
Where was surah Al Qadr revealed?
In the most accurate narrations, it was revealed in Mecca, but there was one narration that it was revealed in the “Masjid of Medina”.
Is surah al Qadr Makki or madani?
Al Qadr surah is one of the Meccan surahs and has the same characteristics as it is composed of short verses.
Why was surah Qadr revealed?
There are no Hadiths narrated from the holy prophet PBUH, and there are many Hadiths that were claimed to be narrated from the holy prophet, but they are not.
But from the meaning of the verses, we could understand the true reason for the revelation of surah Qadar.
In Surah Al Qadr, Allah showed us the importance of that night for our life and our life after.
The night better than 1000 months
Allah sent to us one of the glorious gifts, as he knows that our ages are limited and our worship won’t deliver us to our places in heaven, so he sent to us a night better than 1000 Months.
The night of destiny
ِ on that night, Allah decides the decree of all humanity this night, their ages, their death, their sustenance, and their deeds.
The descent of Gabriel and Angels:
Gabriel and angels descend to earth in celebration of the night of revelation.
Hadith About Laylatul Qadr
There are Many Narrations that were belonged to the Prophet PBUH, and we will mention some of them:
- That was narrated about ABU Hurairah, Allah be pleased with him, that the Prophet PBUH said” whoever stood to pray in Laylatul Qadr with faith and hope the deeds of Allah, Allah will forgive All his previous guilts”
So, not only have deeds as if you pray for 1000 months but Also will have forgiveness for your previous life!
Its presence in the last ten days of Ramadan:
- It was narrated about Abdullah Ibn Omar that he listened to the prophet PBUH say: wait for the night of Al Qadr in the last ten days, or he said nine.
- It was narrated about the mother of believers Aisha Allah being pleased with her that the Prophet PBUH said: seek the night of Al Qadr in the odd of the last ten days.
What is the main theme of Surah Qadr?
The night of glory and majesty, the night is not comparable to any other night, the holy night when the union between the sky and earth happened, this is the main theme of Al Qadr Surah.
At the beginning of AL Qadr surah, Allah said” we sent down it, Quran, in the night of Al Qadr”
Al ِQadr in Arabic is possibly one of two meanings and both are true, the first one is the place of honor and glorification, and the other is “decree”.
Then Allah said,” and how can you recognize what is laylatul Qadr“. Here, Allah knows that the mental powers of the human can’t recognize the pure power which is flowing through the whole universe, which can change your destiny as it changed the whole world by the revelation of the Quran.
Then he said” laylatul Qadr is better than 1000 months”
Here, Allah gave that night the place of honor and majesty due to the marvelous changes of the whole universe due to the revelation of the Quran, and also gave us an extraordinary chance to have deeds that are impossible to be reached by our normal ages.
Allah gave us a night to worship, and 83 years of deeds.
“The angels and the spirit, Gabriel, came down by the order of Allah with all decrees”
Here, Allah sends the Angels and the revelation angel Gabriel, PBUH on that night when the whole universe is celebrating by the revelation of the Quran.
Then Allah described it as “it is the Peace till the Dawn”
The night of peace, goodness, clearness, glory, and majesty is the night of Qadr.
How many times to read surah Qadr?
There are many hadith that are claimed to be narrated from the prophet PBUH about Qadr surah “fadl” and how many times to read and all of them are not true, and we will mention some of them:
- “The one who reads it, surah Al qadr, was like who fast whole Ramadan and pray Laylatul Qadr”
- “ servant visit the grave of a poor believer and read qadr surah seven times, Allah will forgive him and the poor man”
- “A man who read Al Qadar surah during his ablution, he will get rid of his guilts as the day when his mother gave his birth”
Benefits of Surah Qadr
As we mentioned in the previous passage, there are many Narrations about surah Qadr, about its benefits and all of them are not true.
You will hear many sayings about the curing power of reciting surah Qadr an exact number of times, but that’s not true, each letter in Quran is important, and reciting it will cure your soul and body under the will of Allah.
Lessons we can learn:
- The importance of the Quran is not only for Muslims, that the whole world celebrates its revelation.
- Appreciate the great value of Layltul Qadr, through the five verses of Qadr surah Allah showed us the total change that happens in the whole universe:
- The union between heaven and earth.
- The descending of the angels.
- The peace and mercy spread throughout the universe till the Appearance of Dawn.
- Muslims know the importance of the night of decree that Allah will respond to their prayer and give them their wishes.
- Muslims should seek the times when Allah showed us the time of mercy and peace to deserve his mercy.
- Allah with His previous Knowledge Knew that the Ages of the nation of the prophet PBUH are short, and he saved for us our places in heaven, that we couldn’t reach with our limited terms, but he gave us one of his glorious scents to worship one night as you worship for whole life.
Surah Qadr importance
Consider the numerical miracle in Surat Al-Qadr:
We dropped it 2
a night. 4
a night. 9
a night. 11
one thousand. 15th
come down. 17
and soul. 19
In which. 20
With permission. 21
their Lord. 22
Consider the number of words in Surat Al-Qadr 30 words with the number of parts of the Qur’an
And the number of its letters is 114 as many as the surahs of the Noble Qur’an
The word (she) in the surah number 27 indicates that Laylat al-Qadr is the 27th night of Ramadan
The word (Al-Qadr) is repeated in the surah in the numbers 5_10_12
to collected. 5+10+12=27
Evidence also that (Laylat al-Qadr) is the 27th night of Ramadan
surah qadr in English
In the name of Allah, the Entirely Merciful, the Especially Merciful.
Indeed, We sent the Qur’an down during the Night of Decree.
And what can make you know what is the Night of Decree?
The Night of Decree is better than a thousand months.
The angels and the Spirit descend therein by permission of their Lord for every matter.
Peace is until the emergence of dawn.
surah qadr in roman english
Bismillah hir rahman nir raheem
Innaa anzalnaahu fee lailatil qadr
Wa maa adraaka ma lailatul qadr
Lailatul qadri khairum min alfee shahr
Tanaz zalul malaa-ikatu war roohu feeha bi izni-rab bihim min kulli amr
Salaamun hiya hattaa mat la’il fajr
surah qadr arabic
بِسْمِ ٱللَّهِ ٱلرَّحْمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ
إِنَّآ أَنزَلْنَـٰهُ فِى لَيْلَةِ ٱلْقَدْرِ
وَمَآ أَدْرَىٰكَ مَا لَيْلَةُ ٱلْقَدْرِ
لَيْلَةُ ٱلْقَدْرِ خَيْرٌۭ مِّنْ أَلْفِ شَهْرٍۢ
تَنَزَّلُ ٱلْمَلَـٰٓئِكَةُ وَٱلرُّوحُ فِيهَا بِإِذْنِ رَبِّهِم مِّن كُلِّ أَمْرٍۢ
سَلَـٰمٌ هِىَ حَتَّىٰ مَطْلَعِ ٱلْفَجْرِ
surah qadr hadith
(1) Mu’awiyah ibn Abi Sufyan reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace, and blessings be upon him, said, “Seek the Night of Decree on the last night of Ramadan.”
Source: Sahih Ibn Khuzaymah 2189
(2) Ibn Abbas reported: The Prophet, peace, and blessings be upon him, said regarding the Night of Decree, “It is a calm night, neither hot nor cold, and the sun arises on it red and feeble.”
Source: Sahih Ibn Khuzaymah 2049
(3) Aisha reported: I said, “O Messenger of Allah if I know which night is the Night of Decree, what should I say during it?” The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Say: O Allah, You are pardoning. You love to forgive, so forgive me.”
Source: Sunan al-Tirmidhi 3513
(4) Ibn Umar reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace, and blessings be upon him, said, “Look for the Night of Decree in the last ten nights of Ramadan. If one of you is weak or unable, then do not be overcome by the remaining seven nights.”
Source: Sahih Muslim 1165
(5) Ubadah ibn al-Samit reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace, and blessings be upon him, came out to inform people about the Night of Decree in Ramadan, but two Muslim men were insulting each other. The Prophet said, “Verily, I have come out to tell you about the Night of Decree, but two men were insulting each other. Thus, its knowledge was removed, and perhaps it is better for you. Look for it during the seventh, ninth, or fifth night of the last ten nights.”
Source: Sahih al-Bukhari 49
surah qadr memorization
You can memorize surah Qadr using these simple steps:
Begin by reciting ayah (verse) after ayah.
You read it carefully until you grasp what it means, then repeats it until you have caught all of the sentences.
Ayahs are frequently learned in a 20-minute session.
Then, try to get a sense of the rhythm. Pay close attention and then recite the entire text aloud.
Pronunciation may be improved by using an audio aid.
The Holy Quran may be memorized by hearing it several times. Having audio material with accurate pronunciation,
on hand will help you learn more quickly,
especially if Arabic is not your first language.
Do you want your kids to learn more about Online Quran Classes? Sign up for Quran Oasis’s Online Quran Classes program and watch them dive deeper into the Quran science and learn the Holy Book of Allah.
Quran Oasis’s online Arabic classes for kids, Quran classes for adults and let your children learn the accurate Quran recitation and word pronunciation even if Arabic is not their first language.
Quran teaching for children in Quran Oasis is fun as well as structured, they’ll learn with eLearning Quran;
Our Quran teacher, Arabic teacher, Islamic Studies teacher, and tajweed teacher, ( House of Quran ) will be their friends during this amazing journey.
Online Quran tuition learning can be challenging if you’re seeking it for your kids. Quran Oasis offers you a wide variety of topics to teach your children online.
Quran Oasis’s experienced live tutor ( male teacher & female teacher ). They have many years of experience in Teaching Arabic online and the Quran online to non-Arabic speakers.
Whether it’s Quran online, Arabic online, Tajweed, Ijazah, tafsir, Qirat, tajwid al Quran, and Islamic Studies. Quran Oasis has your back with professional Quran tutors who are willing to go further with your kids’ education. With an attractive interface and well-structured lessons,
Quran Oasis gives you and your children the chance to learn with Quran ayat who are going to be your kids’ new friends, accompanying them in their learning process and encouraging them to learn more.
Quran Oasis ( online Quran institute ) is the best Quran class online
Do not start memorizing another ayah until you have reviewed the one you previously memorized.
You can sign up for a revision course with Quran Oasis if you want to revise the Quran and never forget it.
You may also find online Quran classes for children if you want them to memorize Quran with you.
Surah Al Qadr is one of the Mecca surahs which was revealed before migration, Its verses are five and its number in Quran is 97th, although its revelation order is 20.
Its name was derived from” layltul Qadr” which means the night of great value and also the night of decree.
The night is better than 1000 months, and the night of peace with no evils.
The night that the Quran was revealed for the first time by the spirit Gabriel, and every year he and angels are descending to celebrate the Quran revelation night.
How many verses are in surah Layltul Qadr?
inna anzalnahu fi laylatul qadr surah is composed of five verses that were revealed after the verses of surah Absa, they are mekkan verses that were revealed early before the migration of the holy prophet PBUH.
Which surah to read on laylatul Qadr?
There is no particular surah to be recited on the night of Al Qadr, but there is Hadith About Prophet PBUH.
The mother of believers Aisha, Allah be pleased with her, that she asked the prophet PBUH if she reached the Qadr Night what can she say?
He PBUH told her to say” O Allah you are the forgiver, and You love forgiveness, forgive me”