In the presence of the glory and honor of surah muzammil ( Arabic: سورة المزمل), we will dive together in the verses of Allah to learn and give careful thoughts about what are Surah Muzzamil‘s benefits and lessons that we should learn.
What is Al-Muzzammil meaning?
The word Al-muzzammil ( Arabic: المزمل) in Quran is the name that Allah gives to our beloved prophet ” Muhammed”, peace be upon him, at the beginning of surah muzzammil, that name means the carefully covered or enfolded one.
On the night of the glory in Heraa, the messenger of revelation from our God ” Gabriel” appears in his real angel appearance for the first time to our prophet” Muhammed” PBUH.
When you hear the word angel, you could imagine his appearance as a man with two feathery archangels, but that isn’t what we are talking about!
The revelation angel, Gabriel, was an enormous and very powerful angel with 600 archangels each one spreads between east and west, he came closer to our prophet then asked him to read, our prophet was shocked and didn’t know what to read, he said” I couldn’t read”, Gabriel clasped our prophet tightly then lose him and asked him to read again, our prophet was trembling he returned to Khadiga, beloved wife and the mother of believers, and asked her to cover him more and more.
Where is surah muzammil in Qur’an?
Surat Al-Muzzammil’s location in Qur’an is in the para number 29, our holy Qur’an composed of 30 paras which means parts, the number of its chapter among the 114th chapters of Qur’an is number 73, each surah in Qur’an is a chapter, and it’s composed of 20 verses, which are the words of Allah and also called in Arabic(Ayat).
When was surah muzammil revealed?
For the first while, you might think that the time of the revelation of surah al muzammil is the time when our prophet saw Gabriel in his angel-look for the first time, but in fact, it doesn’t!
According to Hadith scholars, the period of the revelation of surah Muzzammil is divided into two periods:
- The first period:(1-19 verses)
This period is composed of three parts and they all were in Makkah:
- the first part is the earliest part of the prophethood where our prophet was surrounded by a little number of believers, he was in great need of support, Our god instructed him to keep praying at night(Tahajud) as much as he could to be able to bear the heavy responsibilities of prophethood.
- In the second part, our holy god ordered Muhammed PBUH to recite Qur’an, that’s meaning to read loudly in a simple, straightforwardly way, and beautiful sounds from what you have in your memory or by reading from the Holy Qur’an.
- Thirdly, Allah knows what disbelievers did to our prophet PBUH,
They insulted, tortured, and pretended bad things about him and his friends, here our prophet started to raise the words of Allah loudly against the infidels of Quraish, Allah urged our prophet to be patient against what they did.
- The second period:(vers no 20)
This part is most likely to be in Madinah, according to Islamic scholars said because here Allah is talking about fighting in the name of Allah(Jihad) and this was in Madinah, not Makkah.
Why was surah muzammil revealed?
According to what we previously talked about, we could understand why surah muzzammil was revealed:
- Allah urged our beloved prophet PBUH to pray at night, and throughout the verses, Allah showed to us how far praying and reciting Qur’an at night is important to have the strength and patience to face the difficulties of life and achieve the success that you aim to have.
- In the last verse, Allah commands the Muslims to give the obligatory payments from their wealth which is called zakah, which means rich people give poor people according to Islamic limits, which is called Nisab.
Zakah is the purification of your wealth and also your soul and keeps the integrity of the Islamic community, where the rich people help poor people by the command of Allah.
What are the benefits of surah muzzammil?
You might be heard many statements about the benefits of surah al muzzammil and claimed to be said by the prophet Muhammed PBUH, but according to hadith scholars there aren’t, but that doesn’t mean there are no benefits of these Holly words, every word of the Qur’an has its own benefit.
Now we will mention some of those benefits and lessons:
- The word Muzzammil teaches us how far our beloved prophet suffered from the first moment to take responsibility, here we have to learn, from our prophet PBUH, that we may have to suffer to get the goal that we aimed to achieve.
- Allah ordered our prophet to keep praying at night as much as he can, Here we could ask what are the special secrets about praying at night, Tahajud.
- Those people who preferred to pray instead of having a rest in the time that people might be sleeping, those people deserve to have the pure love of Allah.
- ِِAccording to many sayings of the prophet Muhammed PBUH that were proved to have belonged to him, the nighttime is the time that Allah will answer the prayers and will give them what they asked.
- Allah will give you the power to be patient with the suffering you have in your life.
- Our prophet gave many sacrifices to deliver the religion to us, he deserves to be our leader, master, and beloved one.
- Recitation of the words of Allah in the nighttime gives you the ability to deeply understand the meaning of the Qur’an.
- The disbelievers who tormented our beloved prophet and the believers deserve painful torment in the hereafter.
How to read surah Muzzammil?
- Recitation is the way that Muslims use to read Qur’an, that’s can’t be described as only” reading” but it’s the way that the tongue will say and the heart will obey, read in easily and straightforwardly, and in a submissive voice.
- There are ten recitations of the Qur’an and they are belonging to ten reciters.
surah muzammil read online
Do you want your kids to learn more about Online Quran Classes? Sign up for Quran Oasis’s Online Quran Classes program and watch them dive deeper into the Quran science and learn the Holy Book of Allah.
Online Quran tuition learning can be challenging if you’re seeking it for your kids. Quran Oasis offers you a wide variety of topics to teach your children online.
Whether it’s Quran online, Arabic online, Tajweed, Ijazah, tafsir, Qirat, tajwid al Quran, and Islamic Studies . Quran Oasis has your back with professional Quran tutors who are willing to go further with your kids’ education. With an attractive interface and well-structured lessons,
Surah Muzzammil Tafseer
In the beginning, we will talk about the Tafseer of the Qur’an meaning, its importance, and the most important Tafseer books
what is the meaning of Tafseer?
Tafseer is an Arabic word that means the explanation and clarification of the words of Allah and the most important Islamic science.
The importance of Tafseer:
firstly, during the life of our beloved prophet Muhammed PBUH, our prophet explained the meaning and aims of the words that were revealed to him, and after his death PBUH his companions transfer all that he said to them, but later and through the years there were many commentators and different stories that enhance our scientist to concur and establish the sciences of Islam and Tafseer is one of them.
ٍsome important Tafseer books that could help:
- Tafseer Al-jalalayn
- Tafseer Al-Muyassar
Now, we will begin to explain the verses of Allah according to Tafseer al Muyasser:
- verses(1-10)The command of praying night
1- Allah called Muhammed PBUH, the enshrouded one.
2-Allah gives him a command to pray at night except for little time he could rest
3-or to pray half-night or to decrease than half.
4- or to increase as he can and keep reciting Qur’an in a measured recitation.
5- Allah will reveal to you heavy words.
6-certainly, praying at night is the most impactful for yourself and the best for recitation.
7-certainly, you have in the day prolonged responsibilities.
8-And remember the name of your God and devote yourself to Allah with all your heart.
9-The Lord of earth and west, the only Lord worths to be worshiped, so take him as the only one who handles all your affairs.
10-Be patient about what they always say, and beautifully leave them.
- Verses(11-19)the torment of deniers
11-And leave me with deniers with luxury and reprieve them for a little.
12-Certainly we had fetters and burning hell.
13-And food that makes them choke and painful torment.
14- on that day when the earth and mountains will shiver and the mountains turn into loose hills of sand.
15 -certainly we send a messenger as an observer exactly as we send a messenger to pharao.
16-Pharao disobey the messenger so Allah tormentedly grasped him.
17-So how would you avoid that day, when the child turned into white hair person.
18-the sky will be cracked on that day due to horrors, that’s what Allah promises to fulfill.
19-that’s a reminder to those who want to take the way to Allah.
- Verse 20 mitigation of night pray
Allah knows that you(Muhammed PBUH) stand to pray for two-thirds of the night, half, or third of it and so do some people with you, and Allah determines the exact amount of time of night and day but he knows you can’t do so he accepts your seeking for forgiveness, so read Qur’an as you can, Allah knows that some of you will be ill, others will be working to get sustenance by the grace of Allah, and others are fighting in the route of Allah, so read as you can from Qur’an, stand to pray, give the obligatory Zakah, a give Allah a good loan, and every good you will do to your self will be back by Allah better than what you did and greatest than what you deserve, and asking Allah for forgiveness because he is forgiving and merciful.
surah muzammil in English
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
- O thou folded in garments!
- Stand (to prayer) by night, but not all night,-
- Half of it,- or a little less,
- Or a little more; and recite the Qur´an in slow, measured rhythmic tones.
- Soon shall We send down to thee a weighty Message.
- Truly the rising by night is most potent for governing (the soul), and most suitable for (framing) the Word (of Prayer and Praise).
- True, there is for thee by day prolonged occupation with ordinary duties:
- But keep in remembrance the name of thy Lord and devote thyself to Him whole-heartedly.
- (He is) Lord of the East and the West: there is no god but He: take Him therefore for (thy) Disposer of Affairs.
- And have patience with what they say, and leave them with noble (dignity).
- And leave Me (alone to deal with) those in possession of the good things of life, who (yet) deny the Truth; and bear with them for a little while.
- With Us are Fetters (to bind them), and a Fire (to burn them),
- And a Food that chokes, and a Penalty Grievous.
- One Day the earth and the mountains will be in violent commotion. And the mountains will be as a heap of sand poured out and flowing down.
- We have sent to you, (O men!) a messenger, to be a witness concerning you, even as We sent a messenger to Pharaoh.
- But Pharaoh disobeyed the messenger; so We seized him with a heavy Punishment.
- Then how shall ye, if ye deny (Allah), guard yourselves against a Day that will make children hoary-headed?-
- Whereon the sky will be cleft asunder? His Promise needs must be accomplished.
- Verily this is an Admonition: therefore, whoso will, let him take a (straight) path to his Lord!
- Thy Lord doth know that thou standest forth (to prayer) nigh two-thirds of the night, or half the night, or a third of the night, and so doth a party of those with thee. But Allah doth appoint night and day in due measure He knoweth that ye are unable to keep count thereof. So He hath turned to you (in mercy): read ye, therefore, of the Qur´an as much as may be easy for you. He knoweth that there may be (some) among you in ill-health; others travelling through the land, seeking of Allah´s bounty; yet others fighting in Allah´s Cause, read ye, therefore, as much of the Qur´an as may be easy (for you); and establish regular Prayer and give regular Charity; and loan to Allah a Beautiful Loan. And whatever good ye send forth for your souls ye shall find it in Allah´s Presence,- yea, better and greater, in Reward and seek ye the Grace of Allah: for Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
surah muzammil in roman English
Bismillaahir Rahmaanir Raheem
- Ya aiyuhal muzzammil
- Qumil laila illaa qaleelaa
- Nisfahooo awinqus minhu qaleelaa
- Aw zid ‘alaihi wa rattilil Qur’aana tarteela
- Innaa sanulqee ‘alaika qawlan saqeelaa
- Inn naashi’atal laili hiya ashadddu wat anw wa aqwamu qeelaa
- Inna laka fin nahaari sabhan taweelaa
- Wazkuris ma rabbika wa tabattal ilaihi tabteelaa
- Rabbul mashriqi wal maghriibi laaa ilaaha illaa Huwa fattakhizhu wakeelaa
- Wasbir ‘alaa maa yaqoo loona wahjurhum hajran jameelaa
- Wa zarnee walmukaz zibeena ulin na’mati wa mahhilhum qaleelaa
- Inna ladainaaa ankaalanw wa jaheemaa
- Wa ta’aaman zaa ghussa tinw wa’azaaban aleemaa
- Yawma tarjuful ardu waljibaalu wa kaanatil jibaalu kaseebam maheelaa
- Innaa arsalnaaa ilaikum rasoolan shaahidan ‘aleykum kamaaa arsalnaaa ilaa Fir’awna rasoolaa
- Fa’asaa Fir’awnur Rasoola fa akhaznaahu akhzanw wabeelaa
- Fakaifa tattaqoona in kafartum yawmany yaj’alul wildaana sheeba
- Assamaaa’u munfatirum bih; kaana wa’duhoo maf’oola
- Inna haazihee tazkiratun fa man shaaa’at takhaza ilaa Rabbihee sabeelaa
- Inna Rabbaka ya’lamu annaka taqoomu adnaa min sulusa yil laili wa nisfahoo wa sulusahoo wa taaa’ifatum minal lazeena ma’ak; wal laahu yuqaddirul laila wanna haar; ‘alima al lan tuhsoohu fataaba ‘alaikum faqra’oo maa tayassara minal quraan; ‘alima an sa yakoonu minkum mardaa wa aakharoona yadriboona fil ardi yabtaghoona min fadlil laahi wa aakharoona yuqaatiloona fee sabeelil laahi faqra’oo ma tayassara minhu wa aqeemus salaata wa aatuz zakaata wa aqridul laaha qardan hasanaa; wa maa tuqaddimoo li anfusikum min khairin tajidoohu ‘indal laahi huwa khayranw wa a’zama ajraa; wastaghfirul laahaa innal laaha ghafoorur raheem.
surah muzammil arabic
بِسْمِ اللَّهِ الرَّحْمَٰنِ الرَّحِيمِ
1. بِسْمِ اللَّهِ الرَّحْمَٰنِ الرَّحِيمِ يَا أَيُّهَا الْمُزَّمِّلُ
2. قُمِ اللَّيْلَ إِلَّا قَلِيلًا
3. نِصْفَهُ أَوِ انْقُصْ مِنْهُ قَلِيلًا
4. أَوْ زِدْ عَلَيْهِ وَرَتِّلِ الْقُرْآنَ تَرْتِيلًا
5. إِنَّا سَنُلْقِي عَلَيْكَ قَوْلًا ثَقِيلًا
6. إِنَّ نَاشِئَةَ اللَّيْلِ هِيَ أَشَدُّ وَطْئًا وَأَقْوَمُ قِيلًا
7. إِنَّ لَكَ فِي النَّهَارِ سَبْحًا طَوِيلًا
8. وَاذْكُرِ اسْمَ رَبِّكَ وَتَبَتَّلْ إِلَيْهِ تَبْتِيلًا
9. رَبُّ الْمَشْرِقِ وَالْمَغْرِبِ لَا إِلَٰهَ إِلَّا هُوَ فَاتَّخِذْهُ وَكِيلًا
10. وَاصْبِرْ عَلَىٰ مَا يَقُولُونَ وَاهْجُرْهُمْ هَجْرًا جَمِيلًا
11. وَذَرْنِي وَالْمُكَذِّبِينَ أُولِي النَّعْمَةِ وَمَهِّلْهُمْ قَلِيلًا
12. إِنَّ لَدَيْنَا أَنْكَالًا وَجَحِيمًا
13. وَطَعَامًا ذَا غُصَّةٍ وَعَذَابًا أَلِيمًا
14. يَوْمَ تَرْجُفُ الْأَرْضُ وَالْجِبَالُ وَكَانَتِ الْجِبَالُ كَثِيبًا مَهِيلًا
15. إِنَّا أَرْسَلْنَا إِلَيْكُمْ رَسُولًا شَاهِدًا عَلَيْكُمْ كَمَا أَرْسَلْنَا إِلَىٰ فِرْعَوْنَ رَسُولًا
16. فَعَصَىٰ فِرْعَوْنُ الرَّسُولَ فَأَخَذْنَاهُ أَخْذًا وَبِيلًا
17. فَكَيْفَ تَتَّقُونَ إِنْ كَفَرْتُمْ يَوْمًا يَجْعَلُ الْوِلْدَانَ شِيبًا
18. السَّمَاءُ مُنْفَطِرٌ بِهِ ۚ كَانَ وَعْدُهُ مَفْعُولًا
19. إِنَّ هَٰذِهِ تَذْكِرَةٌ ۖ فَمَنْ شَاءَ اتَّخَذَ إِلَىٰ رَبِّهِ سَبِيلًا
20. إِنَّ رَبَّكَ يَعْلَمُ أَنَّكَ تَقُومُ أَدْنَىٰ مِنْ ثُلُثَيِ اللَّيْلِ وَنِصْفَهُ وَثُلُثَهُ وَطَائِفَةٌ مِنَ الَّذِينَ مَعَكَ ۚ وَاللَّهُ يُقَدِّرُ اللَّيْلَ وَالنَّهَارَ ۚ عَلِمَ أَنْ لَنْ تُحْصُوهُ فَتَابَ عَلَيْكُمْ ۖ فَاقْرَءُوا مَا تَيَسَّرَ مِنَ الْقُرْآنِ ۚ عَلِمَ أَنْ سَيَكُونُ مِنْكُمْ مَرْضَىٰ ۙ وَآخَرُونَ يَضْرِبُونَ فِي الْأَرْضِ يَبْتَغُونَ مِنْ فَضْلِ اللَّهِ ۙ وَآخَرُونَ يُقَاتِلُونَ فِي سَبِيلِ اللَّهِ ۖ فَاقْرَءُوا مَا تَيَسَّرَ مِنْهُ ۚ وَأَقِيمُوا الصَّلَاةَ وَآتُوا الزَّكَاةَ وَأَقْرِضُوا اللَّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا ۚ وَمَا تُقَدِّمُوا لِأَنْفُسِكُمْ مِنْ خَيْرٍ تَجِدُوهُ عِنْدَ اللَّهِ هُوَ خَيْرًا وَأَعْظَمَ أَجْرًا ۚ وَاسْتَغْفِرُوا اللَّهَ ۖ إِنَّ اللَّهَ غَفُورٌ رَحِيمٌ
How many Meccan and Medinan surahs are there?
According to the time of revelation into Meccan surah and Medinan surah, the main source of this classification is the stories of the friends of our prophet PBUH about the time of revelation.
- Those chapters which were revealed before the migration of our beloved prophet Muhammed PBUH and his friends to Madinah,
they are mainly characterized by the shortness and brevity of verses with strong deterrent speech to get attention to the truth of the creation of the universe and to return people back from the darkness of unconscious traditions and gave the evidence for the resurrection.
- There are 82 chapters, mostly near the end of the Qur’an.
They are almost 20 surahs, Their verses are mainly characterized by:
- The verses are mainly longer than the Meccan verses.
- At the beginning of most chapters calling the believers means the speaker was introduced mainly to an instructed Islamic community.
- The verses contain the Islamic legislations and rulings of worship like praying, fasting, zakah, marriage and divorcing, and the rulings of peace and war.
- There was a speech to the people of scriptures and calling them to Islam.
- Here is the speech about the hypocrites, what are their characteristics, and their punishment in the world and the hereafter.
What are the purposes of learning the time of the revelation of the Qur’an?
- Helping in Tafseer Qur’an words and verses.
- Knowing The history of Islam.
- Understanding the rulings and the Islamic legislations.
- Distinguishing between abrogating and abrogating.
surah muzammil summary
Qur’an is the words of Allah to all humanity, that were revealed to our beloved prophet PBUH, Muslims Qur’an is our instructor and approach to living, surah e muzammil taught us that our beloved prophet Muhammed PBUH had got through severe difficulties to be our leader, during the verses of sura muzzammil we were showed how far the Islamic community was changed from the beginning in mecca till the instruction of the stable Islamic community in Madinah, muzammil surah taught us the importam]nce of praying at night not only for religion and life after but also for our world, it taught us to keep facing the difficulties and challenges of our life by patience.
Now while reciting the verses of surah muzzammil, the words will be in our hearts and mind not only our tongues.