“Hafiz” is synonymous with “Keeper” or “Guardian”, meaning “Memorization” and against forgetting. So, “Hafiz Quran“ is the person who managed to memorize the whole Quran and can recite it by heart without reading.
What a very righteous deed to memorize Quran. Huffaz Quran gets many rewards in life and the afterlife. Allah Almighty will reward and honor them greatly so that they will rise in status in Paradise to a level commensurate with what they memorized of the Quran. In this regard, the prophet Muhammad said:
It will be said to the companion of the Qur’an, when he enters Paradise: ‘Recite and rise one degree for every Verse,’ until he recites the last thing that he knows.Hadith [Sunan Ibn Majah 3780]
Anyone can one can learn Quran memorization, however, Hifz e Quran could be easier if you started it at a young age; when the mind is clearer and the memory ability to absorb information is faster.
Benefits of memorizing the Quran
- The Holy Quran is not just the coran, but it is also a miracle from Allah (SWT), and memorizing it, is a great blessing for Muslims.
- Quran memorization acted as a great aid for Quran preservation across time because at the time of the revelation of the Quran, books were not readily available and so it was common for people to learn it by heart.
- Memorizing the Quran means that you will obtain ten good deeds for each letter.
- The Quran includes all the sciences of this world and the Hereafter, the stories of ancestors and successors. It includes many of the scientific, cosmic, legislative, and medical facts, and it includes also provisions, laws, and legislation that regulate the life of a believer and make him much happier. This means that when you memorize the Quran, you memorize the largest encyclopedia.
- The Quran, which you memorize and keep today, will be your companion at the dying moment! It will be your defender and your intercessor at the time you are abandoned by the nearest people. The Prophet (PBUH) says, “Read the Quran, it will be the intercessor of its companions on the Day of Resurrection” Will there be the best moment other than the one when meeting on the Day of Resurrection with Allah Almighty and you have memorized His words.
- When you decide to memorize the Quran, you won’t have extra time, boredom, or a feeling of concern, stress, and fear. The Quran will remove concerns, grief and the accumulations of the past, you will be reborn.
- Memorizing Quran is like mental gymnastics. The more you repeat the thing you want to learn, the stronger the connection between neurons and the brain becomes. In turn, your brain increases its memory capacity, taking it beyond its previous capacity and duration to remember.
Sign up for our newsletter
Get the latest offers, articles, and courses delivered to your inbox.
How to Become Hafiz Quran Fast & Easy
There are some instructions & tips that you may follow to memorize Quran much easier & faster and become Hafiz/Hafiza e Quran…
1. Learn the Arabic Language
Learn Arabic because it’s the language of the Quran. So instead of memorizing Quran only, you can also understand it by learning the Arabic language. Hence, you can apply what you read and learned from Quran in your life.
The importance of learning the quran with understanding will make you pleased contemplating its meanings and guide you to be a true Muslim.
Moreover, you will of course benefit from this experience. If you are fluent in Arabic, your problem of memorizing it will go away. Although the Arabic language isn’t easy to learn but will make Quran learning much easier.
2. Find A Suitable Time
Don’t start memorizing Quran at random times of the day. This will create chaos in your day and you will not continue to Hifz Quran. This, in turn, will be an insult and abandonment of the Qur’an.
It’s extremely important to find a suitable time to set aside for memorizing the Quran.
For best results, we highly recommend the time after fajr prayer. It is the best part of the day to accommodate new things. So learning Quran in the early morning is the ideal time. You can also revise the lessons you took before.
Another proper time to memorize Quran is the time before sleeping. This helps you remember what you have learned when you wake up.
3. Start with Memorizing an Easy Part of the Quran
Normally, when you learn a new thing, you start from the beginning of the book. Yet, in learning Quran, the ending of the Quran is the best start for you which is also known as juz Amma; as most of the (surahs) chapters are short.
You should try to learn one chapter a day beginning from surah 114 (surah Naas), as it is a short surah. Then continue with memorizing the longer surah gradually.
4. Memorize New But Revise Too
It’s important to memorize a new chapter of the Quran at the beginning of your memorization session to optimize your mind with the system. But also, you ought to revise what you have memorized in past lessons.
You do revision for the past five to seven lessons you have studied in last week. This protocol is for better Hifz, as there is no point going forward if you forget everything else you studied.
5. Revise Complete Parts (Juzs) Regularly
Once you have completed memorizing a whole juz (part) of the Quran, you should revise it at least once a week. This is the crux of how to memorize the Quran.
So, alternatively of revising a couple of pages, you are revising a complete part of the Quran and engraving the words of Allah (SWT) deeper in your memory.
Some students opt to do this at least once a week (like on Fridays), as it is a time-consuming responsibility.
Quran Memorization Regulations & Conservation Rules
- You should memorize Quran with a Sheikh who correctly recites the Quran with Tajweed to absorb the words of Allah Almighty properly.
- Hifz Quran must be from a unified Qur’an edition to help with the solidity of memorization and the speed of recall for the places of verses.
- Memorizing Quran requires the purification of one’s intention and correcting one’s desire is obligatory. It is likewise for making one’s concern with and memorization of the Quran for the sake of Allaah (SWT), the Sublime and Exalted, and for gaining success with His Paradise and obtaining His pleasure.
- It is not permissible for the memorizer to move to a new portion of the Quran until after he/she has perfected the memorization of his previous limit. This is so that whatever he/she has memorized is firmly established in his mind. There is no doubt that amongst those things which aid the memorizer is his/her occupation with what he has memorized through the hours of the day and night. This occurs by reciting it in the silent prayers, and if he is the imaam then in the loud prayers.
How to Learn Hifz Quran (Quran Memorization)
It’s impossible for you to do Hifz e Quran on your own; the holy Quran is not poetry or prose you can read it randomly. This divine book was revealed in a clear Arabic tongue, so it is necessary that its Quran recitation agrees with the manner transmitted from the messenger of Allah (PBUH).
Accordingly, learning Quran memorization must be in assistance and under the supervision of a professional Quran teacher. Hereunder are the best 3 methods to become a Hafiz Quran:
1. A Near Mosque or Islamic Center/School
You can easily learn from professional Quran tutors holding Ijazah in Quran memorization, who have pre-defined learning programs, this method is very effective yet requires dedicated time & effort to go to Islamic school/center on regular basis. Plus, maybe, there is no Mosque or Islamic Center/School available near to you.
2. Private Hifz Quran Classes at Home
Another option to learn Hifz Quran is to hire a private Quran teacher to provide your or your kids with Hifz classes at home. This method is very effective too but it’s a costly one. Additionally, it’s difficult to find a Quran teacher to dedicate time to make regular visits to your home.
3. Learn Quran Memorization Online
What if there is no near mosque or Islamic center school? In this case, learn Hifz online at Quran learning websites. That’s why Quran Oasis designed the “Quran Memorization Course”, to help students memorize the Quran through one-to-one live sessions with professional tutors holding Ijazah.
Do you want your kids to learn more about Online Quran Classes? Sign up for Quran Oasis’s Online Quran Classes program and watch them dive deeper into the Quran science and learn the Holy Book of Allah.
Online Quran tuition learning can be challenging if you’re seeking it for your kids. Quran Oasis offers you a wide variety of topics to teach your children online.
Whether it’s Quran online, Arabic online, Tajweed, Ijazah, tafsir, Qirat, tajwid al Quran, and Islamic Studies. Quran Oasis has your back with professional Quran tutors who are willing to go further with your kids’ education. With an attractive interface and well-structured lessons,